Thread: Turk redux

GunLoad Trainee

Default Turk redux

I took an old beat up ragged shot out turk, And after Adding a new shilen bull bbl,
    timney trigger, bell & carlson stock, had the bolt lapped, mounted a millitt buck gold scope, harris bipod, I now have a tack driver.....

Its in .308 but I wish I had done it in .300 win mag now.............

ITS ONLY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards U. G.

First up U G welcome to the Site! & Merry Christmas ! Sounds like you've got a shooter there ! I reckon the .308 is a excellent Cal .I've owned a couple of Rifles in .308 over the years & was "Married " to both a L1A1 & M60 for 6yrs in the Army about a million yrs ago now & found it to be a accurate & hard hitting Round

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Welcome to the guide Uncle Guns!!! Yep love those turks

Hey Dave i packed that M60 and had to drive the jeep to, was always short handed in the guards
    Toney Relic Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Toney
    Welcome to the guide Uncle Guns!!! Yep love those turks

Hey Dave i packed that M60 and had to drive the jeep to, was always short handed in the guards
    Toney I feel your Pain !For my first 3years I was just a plain Grunt Then I transfered over to SASR1 & after being tortured through Preselection I instead of getting to carry a 203 or M16 ,I got stuck with the "PIG" for the next 3years (It was not what I had expected & was not a happy "Marriage " )I was glad to get out & go straight back to Shootig for a living!

Dave

GunLoad Trainee

Thanks to all for the welcome, board looks like a good one, Say dok I thought they took all you guys guns away down there???

my mil. past was in the usmc trained w/the m-14 then when they sent us to that garden party they gave us that toy made by matel inc. shootin BB"s

Quote Originally Posted by uncle guns
    Thanks to all for the welcome, board looks like a good one, Say dok I thought they took all you guys guns away down there???

my mil. past was in the usmc trained w/the m-14 then when they sent us to that garden party they gave us that toy made by matel inc. shootin BB"s
    They did have a couple of clamp downs on our firearm laws but they left a whole lot of loop holes so it did'nt really effect the serious shooters ,Or us Pro shooters ! even now their looking at relaxing the laws agian to a certain degree! Nice to know there are other "Rice Paddy Grunts" on the board ! My first visit was as just a Grunt & my second was with SASR1 ! the first I carried the SLR L1A1 7 the Owen & F1 sub machine guns . I decided that the SAS blokes all carried lighter weapons than me so I transfered ............Yeah wise career move As well as all the other weight I had to lug I got stuck with the "PIG" as I was the New Boy in the section !

Dave