Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Casting in the cold

One thing I do know for a fact, if one is really starving to death...and I mean going to die from hunger...they'll damn well eat whatever it is just to stay alive.

It wouldn't matter if its a roo or a wombat, or a rats a$$. Case in point, some of our G.I.s in WW-2 had to eat the damn rats to keep going because their damn rotten stinking captuers were beating and starving them to death.

But after the war all is forgiven and we make them prosperous and well fed...are we nuts or what?

Jim

Default Bigbore44

But after the war all is forgiven and we make them prosperous and well fed...are we nuts or what?

Nope just human. The war is over.

Have you been watching TV lately? Man has a propensity for cruelty against his fellow man and NO society is immune.

As an aside there were not many prisnors taken after the Canadian troops found members of the Nova Scotia Regiment murdered by the Nazi Youth shortly after D -Day. Orders had to go out to start taking prisnors, again....

Stay Safe
    Bob

If you are reading this, thank a teacher; if you are reading this in English thank a veteran.

Yes, Bob. I didn't just fall off an apple tree. I've got seven decades behind me and seen plenty of world cruelty by many back assward cultures that show no mercy.

Sure WW-2 is over, but there many good Janes and Joes that gave their lives so we could live ours...not subjected to those barbarous cultures that know only cruelty on a world class scale.

Now its about religious culture and we are out to win them over in Iraq and Iran, they hate our guts but love our money and war technology. We just can't wait to convert them to democracy and make them prosperous.

Why don't we try taking better care of our own instead of expending our military might and service mens lives and tax money down a piss-shit rat hole 3rd world nation.

I just don't see where its worth it after 7 decades and I'm not in a forgiving mood.

Jim

Default Bigbore44

I can't agree more with you on Iraq. Why Bush & Co did that little number is beyond me. Lota of bad guys in this old world and old Saddam was just another one of them. Well Bush is up to his eye balls now with no end in sight.

As a matter of interest I was referring to prison pictures out of Iraq. Cruelty to our fellow man no matter the circumstances is not unique to any one culture of society and Canada and the U.S. have done their share. Given a certain set of circumstances and we all seem to manage to react about the same way from what I can see.

War as you know is not a game and a lot of things go on that are not nice. We as a human race at some time are going to have to learn to get along or there may not be any of us around to enjoy this little planet.

Let it go Jim it ain't worth worrying about it. Nothing reall y changes, just the names of the current bad guys. Huxley had it right when he wrote 1984. After seven decades you surely have figured that out by now.

Stay Safe
    Bob

If you are reading this, thank a teacher; if you are reading this in English thank a veteran.

No it isn't worth worrying about, but I can't forget or forgive a culture so rotton and evil it once thrived on barbarism and cruelty...and that goes for all the crap head nations we've defefeted with our blood.

I care nothing about politics and the scondrels that are such officials, I don't like or support presidents or prime ministers that can't think or follow through in their stupid decisions.

That's just the way it is with me. I probably won't be around long enough to see the outcome -- but that is also fine with me.

This is really a stupid world of bad cultures, with people being manipulated from the craddle to the grave.

Sorry for the rant, just letting off steam.

Jim

Sorry for the rant, just letting off steam

Better that than kicking your dog. LOL

Yes its gets frustrating and about the time you figure it out nobody wants to listen anyway.

One thing I have learned is that people are people no matter where they live on this planet. Problems arise when our leaders convince us it is otherwise. Most of us just want to provide for our families best we can and get home at night. Suspect it is as true in China as it is in St. Paul.

Regards and keep your soxs on winter isn't over yet.

Bob
    Bob

Do'nt worry about letting of steam Jim ! WE all stand & scatch our heads & wonder about .These things ! You like me were guests of a country that did'nt want us or need us to do their dirty work for them ! My Son is in the SASR1 & is in the same situation now ! I think it's one of the reasons I've worked out bush for so many years ! I just can't work out Humanity ! So I just take care of my family & shoot horrible scores & tell lies about big quotas (hey us Old blokes have to keep up with those young eyes some how )

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

GunLoad Trainee

how much snow do you want and you can take the 20 deg f for free.