Thread: COVID-19 Issues & Best Practices

Default COVID-19 Issues & Best Practices

This thread is to discuss issues and best practices to tackle infectious diseases especially Coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19. Although it focuses on India relevant news from across the world may also be posted.

All candidates for best practices are classified under Best Practices though they are not yet proven to be best. (this line will be removed later).

I am changing 'Best Practices' to 'Actions'. This is because actions are taken against issues without knowing its effect and whether it is 'best action' or 'best practice' is decided at the end only. 'Actions' may be 'Preventive Actions/Measures', 'Mitigation Measures', 'Corrective Measures/Actions', 'Control Actions' etc. Even advisories/advices can be 'actions'. (Decision-making, Issue log , Project Issue Management , Control (management), Control system).

Actions are classified as following
    'Control Actions' will be from various government agencies like central government, state governments, local governments at cities & villages, courts and then WHO advices will also be included (will not be subclassified).
    'Suggested Actions' are suggestions from non-government experts, opinion makers, self-styled experts/expert-journalists etc.
    'Innovative Actions' are disruptive actions taken by public, companies and non-government organizations.
    'Volunteer Actions' are from volunteers & voluntary organizations. Because of workload I am not going for further classification but a tracker tool users can do that more easily.
    'Private Actions' are actions taken by individuals, companies/organizations/societies/communities for themselves.

It is also interesting to see how 'actions' will result in further chain of issues though I may not be able to link them in this thread. Because of this 'actions' will become 'issues' later. For that matter here I am clubbing so many issues together under a single class of issues.

At the end we can decide about best practices looking at the results 'actions' produce.

During the COVID-19 situation, one approach I really appreciated was the use of mobile vehicles to reach communities for testing and vaccination. This flexibility in healthcare delivery allowed services to reach areas that might have been overlooked otherwise. Inspired by this, I decided to contribute by offering mobile medical services, focusing on areas with limited access to healthcare facilities. I came across some command trailers for sale and purchased one to start my service. These trailers are equipped for medical use and have been invaluable in providing healthcare services directly to communities in need. The benefits have been immense, not only in extending healthcare reach but also in providing immediate assistance where fixed facilities are not available or are overwhelmed.