Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who else uses older presses?

GunLoad Trainee
    Western Nevada about 50 miles from the exact middle of nowhere

I've my grandfathers Pacific 12ga press a puke greenRockchucker and an RCII my little RCBS Partner is only about 15 years old ,oh, and a pair of MEC600s which aren't that old but have run a couple 1000 rounds for me

GunLoad Trainee

I use a Texan progressive full resizing 12 ga reloader that is a working fool. It is at least 30 years old and has reloaded a ton of 1 1/8th skeet and trap shells using red dot, Win AA shells and wads.

GunLoad Trainee

I'm using a Herter's #3 that I inherited from my Dad. He bought it, used, in 1960, a year before I was born.

BTW: if any one has a #23 Herter's shellholder (45 Colt), that's excess to their needs...

GunLoad Trainee

My Rockchucker is 25 years old and my Mec is closer to 35. Both still work well.

GunLoad Trainee

I have a Herter's Super 3 "C" press that is not yet setup on my new bench, because the bench isn't quite finished yet.

I also just got a Hollywood Senior that was made between 1954-61. I used it yesterday to seat some 22/250 bullets and the press operates like rubbing two pieces of glass together. Smoooooth.

My only new press is a CH/4D "444" 4-station. I like it so much I am trying to get one of their early "111" single die presses.

New is not necessarily better.

GunLoad Trainee

Default old presses

Still use my old Bair C press that i bought in 1964 , and besides that i use A couple of Herters , pacific and CH presses right along side the Dillons, and the mecGrabber ,still have my old Mec 310 that i use for loading 16 gauge shells for . bought that in 1962. They still work great . Just read the post before and I will look and see If i have one of the 45 colt shellholders for the Herters .

I have a Rockerchucker that came with a metal primer tray many moons ago.

Some where around I have a couple of Pacific C presses. I have some orginal Dillon 550B presses, I think the came out in the mid 1980s.

GunLoad Trainee

My new press is an RCBS that dates to 1977. My old press is a Herters #3 that I got in 1963. It is occasionally useful to have two presses.

Paul

GunLoad Trainee

Does a RCBS Reloader Special 2 count?
    I don't have a clue how old it is. My wife bought it as a gift for me a while back. It was 'new' in the box and came with a set of steel (not carbide) .45 ACP dies.

I'm using an old RCBS JR2 that i picked up from a show in Tulsa for 25$. Bought another one from my gun guy for 35$ took the primmer stuff off of it and then sold it to one of my buds. Kind'a wished i'd still had it to.
    Toney Relic Hunter