Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who else uses older presses?

JJB

Default Who else uses older presses?

i use an old BAIR single stage press i bought from my bro in law several years ago.... the thing is a cast iron tilted c type press that's tough as nails.... i think it predates pacific....... i also use a lee single stage press right beside it with 2 sets of dies so i can use the presses at the same time for different reloading steps... works for me!!

LIFE IS SHORT.....

My Rockchucker is 30 years old. I use a Herters "C" type that is from the 50's, I don't know the model, I've got a handful of Herters shell holders for it so I haven't invested in the adapter to allow universal shell holders. My Lee challenger 2000 was new in 1985. All of them are good presses.

Default Old Presses

I have an old three stage C&H press that I have used for 40 years.

Ken.
    Last edited by kodiak1; 08-09-2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: spelling
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot!
    Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...

GunLoad Trainee

rockchucker by rcbs for me .. loaded a few rounds using it

GunLoad Trainee

I have a really old one that a shooting buddy traded me for something about 25 years ago. Can't remember what i gave for it, nor do i know exactly what it is 9ain't labeled) but it works great. I use an old pipe for the crank on it.

M. Blaster

mold maker retired

Default old press

I started with a MEC 600 Jr about 47 years ago, followed by a Texan. The first rifle/handgun press was an RCBS JR, several years later. Since then Lyman, Lee, and several more RCBS presses have found a home on my bench.

GunLoad Trainee

I'm still using, amongst others and old "lean back" Redding "C" press and a Wamadet, which I am very fond off.

GunLoad Trainee

I'm using my dad's old rockchuker, so that puts it just over 35 years old (mom bought it for him their first Christmas together). I also have an old size-master that i picked up in an estate sale. The guy bought it new in 74 for $90. My other shotgun press in an old Pacific press that i have no idea how old it relay is.

GunLoad Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by JJB2 View Post
    i use an old BAIR single stage press i bought from my bro in law several years ago.... the thing is a cast iron tilted c type press that's tough as nails.... i think it predates pacific....... i also use a lee single stage press right beside it with 2 sets of dies so i can use the presses at the same time for different reloading steps... works for me!! LIFE IS SHORT.....
    I use a Pacific Super Deluxe C press I bought in 1963. Pacific predates Bair. If memory serves, the Bair Kodiak was the Pacific Super Deluxe painted brown with BAIR on it instead of PACIFIC. Anyway I paid $17.95 for it at Gov-Mart Bazaar in South Seattle in 1963. At the same time I got a set of RCBS .30-06 dies, a shell holder, and a Redding powder scale. The salesman threw in an RCBS case lube pad and a bottle of RCBS case lube. Here it is, 46 years later and I still use that press, it is indestructable and as familiar to me as my own hands. I have half a dozen other presses, but I keep coming back to this one.

Gerry N.

I have a Half dpzen of the old herters presses, then i have a old lyman orange crusher, and a 35+ year old rock chucker, then some newer ones that are newer then 10 years

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)