Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .45 load question

GunLoad Trainee

guys- just to clarify- I am using "clays" not "international clays" or any other variant.

I made a few more batches with higher powder ( last batch is 4. and hopefully in about 2 weeks will go to the range with a few different .45's and will try them out.
    I will post my results.

On a seperate note I also loaded a few batches with unique. Unfortunately with a 185gr TMJ the load specs are all over the place so I think I may have loaded to low. Speer #14 manual lists it at 5.0- 5.8 gr but all the others list it starting at about 8gr. very weird.

Get a bottle of Bullseye and be happy...My Colt Government model works well with Bullseye, Green Dot, Blue dot and Unique...Depending on my load and bullet.
    Tom

Warning! Does NOT play well with others!

Swamp, just looking over that link, it appears to be talking about Universal Clays in the 45 Long colt. This would be a fast burning powder in a rather cavernous case. If GP1 has "Clays" as he states, that is a pretty popular powder for the 45 ACP. Though it is normally used for 200gr bullets.

FWIW, I have used Uni-Clays in the 45 ACP and 9mm with fairly good success.