Thread: Anybody still using the Lee Hand loader for shot shells

Default Anybody still using the Lee Hand loader for shot shells

Some months ago I was looking on E-Bay & there was a LEE Hand loader advertised ! Now as I started reloading with one of these back in the dark ages I grabbed it ! It's hillarius to bring it out to load a few shells when I have younger shooters who are used to Presses around ! I do'nt think that they really belive that we used to use these things ! I used to do 25 shells at a time until my Mother came into our Old reloading Rm to see what I was doing & I spun round to see what she wanted & Knocked over 25 loads of #10s ( from memory ) Hell that would have to have beenover thirty years ago now & she still on ocassion brings it up ! This is probarly why I do'nt visit as much as they'd like

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Smile

I still have one on the shelf and every so often I get the urge to use it, usually for when unwelcome squirrels start moving into buildings come cold weather. Then I fill the shot cups with uncooked rice over very mild charges of whatever suitable powder is handy. No holes in the roof or walls, broken attic windows, irate wives, etc. I don't bother with it if I'm really in a hurry, just grab a shell, dump the lead, and recharge, but I find I don't hurry so much anymore. Shotshells, like 9mm ammo, are cheap enough that I don't feel the need to reload them, just it's fun when the spirit moves me.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

No holes in the roof or walls, broken attic windows, irate wives, etc.

All of a sudden I don't feel that I'm the only abused & missunderstood Husbane left in the world My wife has banned me from leaning out the back door these days to shoot crows! I just feel there is something missing in my life

Dave

Talking

Then again, maybe you are. I divorced mine after she started persuing recreational opportunites with a former friend. I'm well rid of her and the kids are with me most of the time anyway. Now no one bothers me while I'm casting or loading unless I choose to leave the phone on, and if I want to stay up and write until 3 or 4 I don't have to listen to the old yatata. My new girlfriends either shoot, write, or in one case, both, and all appreciate me for who I am, rather than trying to make me into something I'm not. I got the better bargain - she still has to live with - herself! Happy Holidays.
    "Stand your ground.

I have a Lee loader for 30-30 that I have never used, and one for 10 gauge that I load buckshot loads with (ever priced 10 gauge buckshot?) I have a mold that casts 14 30cal balls at once, so it isn't so time consuming. Dropping 30 grains of Red Dot at a time is a bit spooky tho. I also use it to load 2 oz of #6 shot for Turkeys. I don't shoot many of these so it works out pretty good.
    krag35
    A wife and a steady job, have ruined many a good fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by versifier
    Then again, maybe you are. I divorced mine after she started persuing recreational opportunites with a former friend. I'm well rid of her and the kids are with me most of the time anyway. Now no one bothers me while I'm casting or loading unless I choose to leave the phone on, and if I want to stay up and write until 3 or 4 I don't have to listen to the old yatata. My new girlfriends either shoot, write, or in one case, both, and all appreciate me for who I am, rather than trying to make me into something I'm not. I got the better bargain - she still has to live with - herself! Happy Holidays.
    Got rid of the first one for the same reason! Tracey has a nasty habit of out shooting me these days ! When we first got together she was straight out of the city & hated firearms (maybe I should of let her stay that way ) She grew used to the idea of the fact that they were the tools of my trade & made us a living & then she got her first snake with the .410 followed by her first roo with the .223 & now I have to hide the keys of the safe otherwise she's out there testing everything in the safe!

Dave

Does she clean them, too? Even if not, it does sound like you've got yourself a keeper. Not that I'm too keen on trying for a second time round at this point, but you never know and maybe I'll get lucky, too. They say "Third time's a charm" - I'm not going there! Time to go shovel some snow!
    "Stand your ground.

Quote Originally Posted by versifier
    Does she clean them, too? Even if not, it does sound like you've got yourself a keeper. Not that I'm too keen on trying for a second time round at this point, but you never know and maybe I'll get lucky, too. They say "Third time's a charm" - I'm not going there! Time to go shovel some snow!
    Cleans what ever she shoots ,Dresses her own Game & reloads !!! Only thing is she won't leave me at my Gun Guys with out adult supervision!!!

Dave