Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to start this Thread!

Savage rules dude!

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

Remington 700 SPS, very accurate out of the box. Have 22 250, 25 06, 7mm 08, 270 and 308 and all are tack drivers.

Like Airborne, I have been fortunate enough live in and hunt a number of states, and found something to shoot in all of them. Have also been fortunate enough to hunt Africa (Numibia), and Tiawan. The factory rifle I used most has been an early Ruger
    7x57, with a 3x9 Lupold scope. Has taken 10 head of non dangerous African game from little Springbuck to Zebra and Gemsbuck. The rifle has taken numerous deer and a couple of elk, a pleasure to shoot and carry. If I were to have to replace that rifle, it would be one of the same cal. in a Savage with black stock( only because of the weather issues).
    1Shirt!

Recently traded into a J.C. Higgins Model 51 in 30-06. I remember when they were sold out of the Rears & Sorebutts catalog and always wanted one. FN action, chrome lined High Standard barrel, nicely checkered and figured Walnut stock. Drilled and tapped for receiver sight and scope mounts. Has a cheap scope on it from 30 or more years ago in Weaver mounts. Dismounted the stock for cleaning and evaluation, found the date stamped 4-56; aaahhh!!, so good.
    And it shoots extremely well, I definitely got the better of that deal!!!!!!!!!

GunLoad Trainee

I just got a new rifle that is a tack driver. It's a new on the scene gun. A marlin xl7 in 270 its got a little savage in in it. with the interchangeable bbl's like savage and the accu triggerstyle trigger. without the super long bolt length of the savages. A super nice little rifle I bought for $325.00 out the door cammo stock a really good looking rifle. I stuck a scope on it and zeroed it in at 25 yds then shot a little group only at 25 yds mind you but a 3 shot group that you would have to open up to put a 30 cal. bullet through

GunLoad Trainee

Default Savage

I own 3 factory Savage rifles 223 24" heavy barrel and a SS 7MM WSM. and a 17HRM heavy barrel all have left hand bolts and are very accurate out of the box.