PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a M38 from sog!!!

Toney
11-16-2005, 07:49 PM
My first mail order rifle hope they do me good. I'll be waiting at the door for the truck!!!!!!

I hope there is still RC's when century get's around to filing my C&R.

One of my buddies came and we went to shoot to sight in my 7 with new scope, wife said it came right after I left. you would know! We delayed are afternoon hunt so I could unbox it. It's fairly nice. Few stock dings , finish has turned real dark. Bore is alittle frosty, and it's counterbored. Its a 1943 IZZY. It shot into 2" @ 60 yards, with some of the crude russian ammo in the paper packets.landed about 6" hi and 6 to the left.

Ordered the RC yesterday. Sold wifes pistol this morning to pay for it, now I have to give her my mag.

Toney
11-23-2005, 03:44 AM
Now all I need is an m44 and maybe a m39, then I will have to find one that was made in US. Will have to have 1895 pistol. I can hear the wife now, will start buttering her up in the morning!!!!!!

C1PNR
11-26-2005, 12:32 AM
I don't know about the 1895, but the M39 Finn is certainly a GOOD idea!

Think about an 1891/59 Carbine instead of, or maybe before, the M44. With the M38 and '59, there aren't any bayonet issues, as neither was intended for use with one. Sometines the M44 shoots to POA better with the bayonet extended, which can draw looks at the public range.:wink: