PDA

View Full Version : RC98's

Toney
11-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Seen them today at the first table through the door. Have to have one!!! The guy would'nt even look at my pistol i brought to swap. Hope cuntury gets my C&R on file fast!!!

Toney

Toney
11-29-2005, 03:24 AM
I ordered one of the $89 yugo reworks last week, will be here wednesday.
Hope it's as nice as the M38, I got from SOG.

Toney
12-01-2005, 12:19 AM
It came today!!! looks good!!! lots of cosmo no big dings barrel looks pretty good have'nt got to clean good yet been hunting wife has'nt got one yet

Toney
12-01-2005, 04:52 AM
Cool a real K rifle!!! it's looking good!!! head space is great, can feel a round with the bolt handle around half way down. Barrel has cleaned up very good .it's a little dark towards the muzzle NO pits think it will clean up a lot more. The crown is pretty good not perfect but a lot better than the 03-38 turk that shoots so good. bolt is blued but not much left on the rest of the rifle. Stock has only a few scratches no dents

Found two eagle stamps one on the bottom of the rear sight catch {plunger} and one on the ejector

Don't you love $100 rifles I would rather have 4 or 5 mausers than a rem, win, or sav any day

Toney
12-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Had to swap springs to get the rifle to fire. took it out three times trying. Cleaned the bolt a couple of times, it would pop a primmer after cleaning but not one in a loaded round??? Ended up grabbing the bolt out of my 98-22 and swapping springs. It still had problems with the 1947 turk surplus, the check rifle always went off??? the head space is the same.

I still think there stupid for selling these rifles for $89. Hope there is some left after xmas, have been cut off untill then

Toney
12-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Need real cam It's got a laminated stock

C1PNR
12-05-2005, 03:02 AM
I'm thinking, kinda slow though, about one of the Yugo capture K98k's. But I've already got enough 8mm k98's with "casual" bores, as I call them.

I really want one of the WW II German issue rifles with a "great" bore -- clean, no frost or pitting, etc.! Anyone know of a source?

Thanks folks, for helping keep me in the poor house.[smilie=p:

Toney
12-05-2005, 04:13 AM
The russian captured rifles are the refinished ones with ex bores, they are going for $160-200 Sog and century has got them