PDA

View Full Version : Cz 52

Toney
11-04-2005, 05:09 AM
Neat pistols! Mine never jamed in over 600 rounds. The max charge of H110 and the 90 grain XTP is a very powerfull load. hard to keep up with the brass they fly about 15yards!

I cut and reformed a lot of 223 cases, getting the necks thin enough is the hardest part. I used a small file to thin the case after i had cut to around 1" on the drill press. I get the case end that will be formed into the neck turned down to .012", then feed into a resizing die load and then check and see if they will chamber easy. I pull the slide off and remove the barrel take out the spring put the barrel back into the slide and try each round to make sure the barrel locks easy with just my fingers. If they don't i put the round back in the drill and turn the neck a little more.

I have only used the min load in the reformed cases. They have worked very well. [smilie=w:

Deputy Al
11-09-2005, 07:11 AM
The CZ-52 is one of three pistols I have in 30 Mauser/7.62 x 25 Tokarev. The others are a rebuilt Broomhandle parts gun, and a ChiCom Type 54 Tokarev TT-30/33.

With Starline brass available now, the case forming regimen I did in 1990 or thereabouts is no longer required--thankfully. That's all we could do back then--either reform 223 or 9mm Win Mag cases. I chose the latter, and still have about 200 of the 500 cases I laboriously produced.

The CZ's are cool guns, and have some ability to extend velocities past the 30 Mauser/1400 FPS range with the 86 grain-class bullets. I glanced inside the latest Hornady Manual, and it provides some real fast-stepping loads that have NO PLACE in my Broomer! Due to its age, I limit the Broomhandle to 90 grainers at 1200 FPS. This provides reliable functioning and some safety margin for that 110-year-old design.

rocklock
12-10-2005, 04:15 AM
Although I have the dies and components, I haven't started loading for the CZ52 yet.

First, I was able to buy a large batch of surplus ammo cheaper than I can load it.

Second, the pistola ejects the brass into low earth orbit, making retrieval a problem. Gotta get a stiffer spring from Wolff's.

yodar
12-13-2005, 11:40 PM
TONEY
I do it too, but I use a .309 reamer. You hafta experiment with the right reamer size choice and IIRC I used a .303 for some cases too. BUT the key is to get the neck wall thin to 0.010" (I dunno If I wrote my decimal correctly...I mean 10 thousandths thick

I cast and size to .309

can get 1252 fps with a 113 gr bullet

Others load hotter but I have one "bent" slide, so I'm a little cautious

6 gr power pistol makes it resemble surplus ammo with .223 derived cases.

Yodar

Toney
12-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Hey yodar welcome to the guide!!! see your into the relics to