PDA

View Full Version : Drawing to an end

Mike in tx
09-12-2015, 03:12 PM
I have been in Bangor Me since 8/10. My last RN assignment is 9/30. It has been a grand time and a lonely time. I did not get to do any shooting with my grandson and only once with Clayt. That will not happen next year. I had planned on shooting with Vers and will not get to do that. I did work with the grandson on casting and that was the highlight of this trip. I will get to see Clayt's new family member and shoot the breeze with him. I will be trying to catch up with Vers before I. It is starting to cool down and the soft trees are starting to change color. I will see the good color before I leave. I also rode on the Katahdin on Moosehead Lake. What a peaceful ride. My wife, not an outdoor person, asked if we could go there next year. Hopefully I made enough money to go to her son's wedding in Mexico next Oct. I bought 2 rifles and hopefully will be purchasing some woodworking equipment. I have new tires and shocks on the truck and the O2 sensors have been changed. The old truck should be ready to go home. My first flight instructor will be in NH the week I leave and we will meet up. As for retirement, it will happen. The wife and I have agreed that it is time to slow down. I will look for some part time work. Academy Sports comes to mind though the wife says I will probably spend more than I make. HA HA She saw through that. Next summer I will be a pest to all in New England. That's the news from Bangor for now. It really has been a good time overall.

Kirbydoc
09-13-2015, 03:04 PM
[smilie=1: Yep, she sure did! Slowing down is good Mike.

versifier
09-21-2015, 11:13 PM
Had a wonderful lunch and talk with Mike today. I'm looking forward to next year and some serious range and casting time and all of our toys handy to play with.

Mike in tx
09-22-2015, 01:21 AM
That's a promise to be kept. It was good seeing you.

SkyKid
09-25-2015, 09:41 PM
Maybe yall would welcome a transplant from NH
I would love to be able to see yall
See I'm working on my southern talk

versifier
09-25-2015, 11:28 PM
I'm all for it. He brings wine. :mrgreen:

Mike in tx
10-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Well it is final. I just applied for my 401K #2. I will be applying for 401K #1 and my pension. Retirement here I come. Looking to work part time in a sporting goods store with good discounts for part timers. Academy comes to mind first.

j1
10-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Hey I have money and can buy wine.

Clayt
10-13-2015, 10:45 AM
Mike, happy to be back in SA?

Mike in tx
10-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Yes I am happy to be back in SA. Steve said that the rains have raised havoc with the pigs. The weeds and brush are to high one can not find the hogs nor the birds. He had a lot of stories about the people who went hunting with him and Pat. Some can not be told at this time.

Mike in tx
10-21-2015, 12:32 AM
Just got back from the range. 4 hours of fun. The 17 HMR is dialed in and found that the 22 mag likes heavier bullets. 40 grain did well now to find some 45 grain. Paul R shot the 416 once; it appeared that was enough for him. Still high at 50 yards with the express sights. We got Paul's hog gun, Marlin 336 in 30 WCF shooting good. Had to move the rear sight quite a bit but now is a true 3 MOA. This is his hog gun. His 223 is dead nuts on. Of course he has been shooting all summer. Met great people at the range and learned that a muzzle brake can change the POI considerably. A young couple were there with a 10/22. The young lady shot better than her husband. LOL

Clayt
10-23-2015, 10:39 PM
See Mike, Paul and I have something in common!