PDA

View Full Version : For sell, bullets and jackets.

Bullshop Junior
02-14-2008, 09:02 PM
No bullets for sale at this time! Sorry!

versifier
02-15-2008, 01:41 AM
What caliber are they, .224 or .243?

Bullshop Junior
02-15-2008, 06:36 PM

Bullshop Junior
02-15-2008, 06:45 PM

versifier
02-15-2008, 11:54 PM
What is the bullet weight? profile? I would be looking for 53-55gr and prefer boat tails, but can live with PB. The price is right and I have been very satisfied doing business with your dad. Bull Plate Lube and Speed Green are fantastic products that I recommend to any and all. I much prefer doing business with people I know than faceless corporations anyway. How much is shipping per 1000 to NH?

Bullshop Junior
02-25-2008, 03:15 AM
Versifier,
The 22 bullets has a shape much like that of the 52gr Speer HP.
I can make them any where from 45 - 55gr.

Travis Morgan
12-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Anyone ever do any business with Bullshop?

They remind me an awful lot of some crazy chick doing business on E-bay, that had the same pre-emptive apology line about living in the sticks, driving a schoolbus for a living, and having to support 17 kids, etc..

MT Gianni
12-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Anyone ever do any business with Bullshop?

They remind me an awful lot of some crazy chick doing business on E-bay, that had the same pre-emptive apology line about living in the sticks, driving a schoolbus for a living, and having to support 17 kids, etc..

Yep they are great people and I have met them when he was in MT. Dan is a hardworking man that lives far from town in AK. They run a very successful casting business and his bullets have won national matches. They also sell guns retail from their shop.
Junior is his son a 15 -16 year old young man, home schooled, who has access and knowledge of more casting, swaging and sizing equipment than most of us have ever used. He has been allowed to make 22 bullets with his dads equipment, as have his younger brothers. They do this to raise money as there are no 7-11's or Pizza Huts for them to work at. I believe that the entire family is truthful and delivers what they say they will. Gianni

versifier
12-13-2008, 08:08 PM
I've been shooting the ones I got from him in .223's and in .30-30's with sabots. They aren't match bullets, but they are better than a lot of commercial offerings that cost twice as much. Accuracy is quite good. I haven't tried them on anything four footed, but wouldn't hesitate on smaller critters. The jackets are made from .22lr cases which makes them look pretty slick.

Travis Morgan
12-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Are you shooting cast .223's out of an AR? If you know of a good way to pull that off, please let me know.

runfiverun
12-23-2008, 02:50 AM
travis, go to the top of this page and click on the cast boolits site [the one in the middle] you will find several people who shoot cast in an ar, m-14's, garands, sks's, etc.
and some are doing bolt action stuff as fast as and as accurately as any jacketed stuff.
daniel Jr. needs no references, if he says he will get your stuff to you he will.

Jim_Fleming
04-27-2009, 03:40 AM
Jackets swaged from 22 LR. $15.00 per 500 hundred. 0 In stock

I have a quick question for you, if you'll permit me...?

I've done jacket drawing from .22RF Jackets as you are... (Years ago!)

My question is how are you drawing them...? I understand the ironing off the priming rim, etc... Are you using a machine press of some kind, electrically operated, perhaps? Or are you doing them by hand, perhaps..?

Don't mind me, please, I'm just an old warhorse that's being darned nosey, lol!

Thanks for putting up with me.

Jim

runfiverun
04-27-2009, 03:53 PM
jim.
this time of year is busy for them, and i bet you don't get an answer.
but i am pretty darn sure they are doing it by hand.
all of their casting etc. is done by hand,the quality is high and consistent.

versifier
04-27-2009, 06:56 PM
They do them by hand, and the quality is excellent. The loaded rounds do look different with the brass jackets. I got a bunch of them last spring and have been very pleased. They aren't match bullets, but they are good varmint bullets and perform well on paper and live targets with acceptable accuracy for woodchucks in .223 and .22-250. We haven't tried them beyond 150yds though I would not hesitate to.

Jim_Fleming
04-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Thank you Gents...

it's not a problem... I know that when I was converting empties into jackets, that I was doing them by hand, and it simply took a long time to make 500 Jackets...

Jim

runfiverun
04-29-2009, 12:23 AM
jim: daniel is a 16 year old kid. him and his 14 yo brother[tony] do it part time to make money.
good kids though.
their mom and dad moved to alaska many years ago, work from home and home school.

Jim_Fleming
04-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Aha!!!!

That explains a lot!

Thanks, and thanks again for clearing up an issue related to me being a newcomer...

It's deeply appreciated, and hopefully when the Young Men read this they'll see my commendation at being entrepreneurs in such a hard ball playing field...

Meaning, that the costs of components have literally sky rocketed out of sight...

Good Job Young Sirs.

Jim Fleming

Bullshop Junior
11-13-2009, 03:18 AM
I have a quick question for you, if you'll permit me...?

I've done jacket drawing from .22RF Jackets as you are... (Years ago!)

My question is how are you drawing them...? I understand the ironing off the priming rim, etc... Are you using a machine press of some kind, electrically operated, perhaps? Or are you doing them by hand, perhaps..?

Don't mind me, please, I'm just an old warhorse that's being darned nosey, lol!

Thanks for putting up with me.

Jim

I have a old Corbin die set that I use on my RCBS single stage press.

Jim_Fleming
11-13-2009, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the reply,

Take Care,

I have a old Corbin die set that I use on my RCBS single stage press.

Bullshop Junior
11-13-2009, 03:25 AM
No problem!
Did not see your post till just now. I am working on getting started up agian for the winter (Maybe) and was checking my thread and editing thing that neded to be edited.

Bullshop Junior
11-13-2009, 03:26 AM
Just so every one knows, when and if I start swaging again I will not be doing 6mm at this time!