PDA

View Full Version : Newby to casting

Matt Dueling
11-27-2007, 03:50 AM
Hello,
I have just started to get into casting bullets and still getting the stuff needed. I am just getting tired of paying $75 for 1,000 cast bullets. I am in the military stationed out her in Oklahoma. I live near alot of small towns so I am going out on a mission this week to hit all the tire stores for thier WW. I am a cowboy action shooter as is my wife. Looking fwd to learning the tricks of the trade from you all.
Thanks Matt

versifier
11-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Welcome to the forum, Matt. you are off to a good start. The first thing any caster needs to do is to develop his(or her) scrounging skills. Women are often MUCH more successful at getting WW's from crusty old mechanics than men are, for obvious reasons, and have to pay less for them when they are charged at all. :-D Since your wife is a shooter, too, make it a point to get her involved.

testhop
11-29-2007, 02:57 AM
matt being you are inthe military you might talk to the rifle range even slip him some brews and maybe convince him to let you police up the range you can get brass and even the slugs
it is best after a good rain gether all you can melt it down keep the lead dump the jackets
the scrap dealers dont mess with it
AND MOST IMPORTANT THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY

TOM

zenshu
12-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Its good to see that I am not the only Military guy who is new to this whole bullet casting thing on here. To be honest I just found out like 5 minutes ago what WW means, and thats how new to this I am lol.

versifier
12-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Welcome zenshu,
The point is, you are now on the learning curve. Do lots of searches next door on CB, and feel free to come back here with questions. It's a lot mellower here, in a small town friendly sort of way.