PDA

View Full Version : Turkeys are strutting

dale clawson
03-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Driving home the other evening I saw a flock of about 50 turkey north of the house, and noticed that 8 ot 10 of them were gobblers showing off for the girls. Our spring season opens in a couple weeks and I still have all 4 of my tags since I didn't use any of them in the fall. We can use either rifle or shotgun. I usually choose rifle in the fall, and shotgun for the spring. I'm ready for some chicken fried turkey breast with cream gravy. Dale

versifier
03-17-2007, 12:46 AM
You can use last year's tags? Our hunting licenses run from January first to December 31st. We can take a tom in the spring with shotgun and either in the fall with a bow, but there aren't a lot in this end of the state. They aren't too bright, but there aren't many turkey hunters around here with a clue, either (including me).

dale clawson
03-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Our license runs from August 31 through a year, have to get a new one just in time for dove season around Labor Day. Dale

dale clawson
03-23-2007, 10:30 PM
The turkeys were flying today. I had to brake hard to avoid catching one in the windshield coming home. I saw them launching from behind the fence on the left, the older birds went up and over, but some of the younger ones cut across . My wife had one go through the windshield a couple years ago. Up the road a ways a flock of Canadas cross low in front of me to land in a wheat field. DALE

versifier
03-24-2007, 02:18 AM
My daughter keeps chanting "Roadkill! Roadkill!" everytime we encounter a flock crossing the road - her mom hit one two years ago and it was good eating. I am not known for my shotgunning prowess - she's even with me on partridges, too. I think it has something to do with her left-handed swerve technique behind the wheel. [smilie=1: