PDA

View Full Version : wear to start want to load 40 S&W and 7 rem mag

rinconjoe
12-30-2006, 08:45 PM
ok wanting to start reloading the two main shells would be pistol 40 S&W and in rifle caliber would be 7 rem mag . any suggestions don't have allot of money so was told to try to find used equipment or kits.

d-o-k
01-01-2007, 06:19 AM
G'day & welcome to the site ! May I suggest you look at one of the Lee Kits ( Maybe the Classic cast Turret ) These are very good value & come with almost everything you'll need to get started . It's very easy to be bewildered by all the gear avalible to reloaders these days ,but these kits as I say are enough to get you started without putting a large hole in your hip pocket ! Also get a couple of manuals & most of the Powder & component manufactures have info for the reloader on their web sites !

Dave

robertbank
01-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I'll 2nd DOK's comments and add you might want to follow Ebay auctions for deals. I got most of my molds off of ebay at prices much below retail. There are always folks who get into reloading and find they don't like it so there usually is a lot of equipemnt on Ebay for sale. Just know your prices as sometimes items will go for more than new.

Should add I am just about to start reloading for .4o cal myself as I have ordered a .40 conversion kit for my Tanfoglio 9MM. Now looking for a decent bullet mold for this caliber.

Take are

Bob

Hunter
01-08-2007, 05:28 AM
I would get a copy of The ABCs of Reloading and a few other loading manuals (I like Hornady, Sierra, and Lyman) and read those first.
Then settle on equipment. I would look at a few different presses and consider that this may be a lifetime investment so it may pay to go with a Hornady or RCBS single stage that will last a lifetime.