PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to All and to All....

Cynical
12-25-2006, 02:04 AM
Merry Christmas to All and to All and to All a Good Night

Better holster those pistols, guys. Possies don't fly.

kg42
12-25-2006, 03:03 AM
Same for you and to all here...

..and better watch that alias of yours eh ;)?

kg

kodiak1
12-26-2006, 01:41 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years one and All.
Ken,

C1PNR
12-26-2006, 04:10 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Bullshop Junior
12-26-2006, 06:26 AM
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MERRY
CHRISTMAS
TO
ALL!!!

To all and every one!!! I wish that you all had a Merry Christmas like I did. We all got games and such and such from the church members, but from mom and dad I got a nice Engineer, lensatic compass. It is one with the wire aiming thing and all the numbers for getting the exact direction. I added it to my old piece of grey lawn mower pull start cord, which also holds my Johny Stewert mouth predator call.
We had our dinner all day, never ending, and I am full up to my neck.
Merry Christmas to ALL,
AND, a happy soon new year of 2007!!!
Daniel/Bs Jr.
P.s. By the way, the compass and call are around my neck as I write.

MT Gianni
12-29-2006, 04:44 AM
Daniel, sounds like some usefull gifts. Gianni

C1PNR
12-30-2006, 12:05 AM
I have always thought the MOST important thing I learned in JROTC was map reading and use of a compass.

If I have a compass and a map (USGS topo maps are very inexpensive and easy to carry) of the area I'm in, I can go anywhere and still meet the rest of the party when and where agreed, weather not withstanding! The current GPS stuff is great, but it needs a working battery - not my compass!

An occasional reading on visible landmarks (so you know exactly where you are) can make a LOT of difference when a sudden snowstorm blots out everything! One time in the Central Idaho mountains taught me a lesson I'll never forget, which is why I still carry the compass and map.

versifier
12-30-2006, 03:18 AM
As long as you have a new compass, this website: www.terraserver-usa.com will give you access to all USGS survey maps in a downloadable/printable format and let you pick the scale, too. It's a great help during hunting season, especially when there are new hunters with us, or we're trying a new place. It's also a big help for Hunter Ed classes.