PDA

View Full Version : Lost my 686 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d-o-k
11-25-2006, 01:40 AM
Gentlemen ! Be warned ! Never let your wife near your Firearms ! I had my 686 smith out the other day & Tracey (my wife) wandered out to see what I was doing,as my testing range is right out side of the back door ! She begged a couple of shots (not bad for a Woman who 5 yrs ago was a "Anti" ! She asked why I did'nt use it all that Often ? I explained that I was going to trade it in on a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 ! Her answer was .Oh your not! I like this one! I'll keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:coffee: One day I'll learn not to sight ,develop loads whilst shes around !

Dave

Baldy
11-25-2006, 02:52 AM
I know what you mean Dave. I am at the gun show with the wife and I am hauled over to a table to look at a Colt Government model .380. I don't want it, well that was the wrong thing to say. Well before it was done it cost me my SP-101 Ruger and about $150 for a gun they don't make anymore and I could care less about. Well I showed her I went down and bought an old S&W 19-4 with 4"barrel. I told her I had to have a .357 for a range gun. Oh me. What a day. Crazy.

Cynical
11-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Hey Dave,
That one strikes too close to home.
Took my dear wife to the range and let her shoot my new AR-15.
Well that was about all she needed and declared that rifle to be hers.

The next time both of us were at the range I had my newer AR-15 and she had hers. After shooting up 200 rounds or so, we wandered over to the pistol range to try out a new load in my SP 101. "Can I try it ?" she asked innocently.
Nest thing I knew, I had given away the "cute little silver gun".

Now the question is: when I take her to the range, do I bring anything she hasn't seen yet ? Or is she destined to have a larger firearms collection than me.:)

kg42
11-25-2006, 11:04 PM
That reminds me of a buddy who once unpacked his baby 44 Mag only to discover that the sight was broken and about ready to fall from the gun...

"Did you drop it?"
"No!"
"Do you lock it at home?"
"No. I put it on the top shelve of that closet in my bedroom!"
"You still have two kids and a butt kicking wife right...?"
"???????????, yes but they know they shouldn't touch my guns...!"
"Riiiiiiigggght!"

Another buddys wife once "borrowed" one of his guns and spend two hours looking for two bums who had bothered her, "just to scare them"; a good way for him to loose all of his precious toys if she had been caught.

You'd better put these guns to their names.......:mrgreen:

d-o-k
11-26-2006, 08:17 AM
That reminds me of a buddy who once unpacked his baby 44 Mag only to discover that the sight was broken and about ready to fell from the gun...

"Did you drop it?"
"No!"
"Do you lock it at home?"
"No. I put it on the top shelve of that closet in my bedroom!"
"You still have two kids and a butt kicking wife right...?"
"???????????, yes but they know they shouldn't touch my guns...!"
"Riiiiiiigggght!"

Another buddys wife once "borrowed" one of his guns and spend two hours looking for two bums who had bothered her, "just to scare them"; a good way for him to loose all of his precious toys if she had been caught.

You'd better put these guns to their names.......:mrgreen:

You Know there isn't much that makes my Blood run Cold these days ! But those two examples are what scares a man ! They really are !

Funny thing with tracey is when she & I first got together she was a Anti ! First up she got used to the idea of what I do for a living ,then she got used to the idea of me teaching the kids to shoot & hunt & then she took the bull by the horns & had a shot ! Now whilst she would'nt shoot as much as some ,she never misses a impromptue shoot out the back of the house !

Dave

kg42
11-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Yes, the Anties..... I am still dumbfounded by some conversations I have with some people... Not that I feel better about some "pro's" with insane demands who just scare people more...

Tracy seems to be a good example of those who just need some first hand experience to loose what is apparently superstition. I know some people who'd rather be afraid than take any bull by any end...

kg

versifier
11-26-2006, 11:47 PM
My ex was pretty anti when I met her and living in fear of her psycho (convicted felon child molester) recent ex. The Rotweiller helped, but the S&W in my nightstand and in my holster worked a lot better. She even got so that she liked the idea of hunting and developed a taste for wild game, helped along by a little research into factory farmed meat. She encouraged all our kids to learn at least the basics, too. While she could not be trusted with a firearm herself (and admitted it), she certainly learned to appreciate them.
Her priceless quote was "But why can't you bring it into Massachusetts? If there's any place you know you'll need it, that has to be it!" Me, I would rather avoid a place where you can do a mandatory year even for a cap & ball revolver.
My youngest has taken a serious liking to my Contender, but she'll have to outgrow her new pink-stocked Crickett first.