PDA

View Full Version : Makeing my Gun Smith rich again

d-o-k
11-25-2006, 01:33 AM
I reckon my Gunsmith /Barrel Guy should rename his shop after me or at least put a plauque up in my Honour ! It's that time of the year again when I send him a whole passel of work ! Barrels to be replaced, worn parts replaced ect ! It's got to the point he actualy rings me to find out how much work I've got for him as it quiet downs at this time of the year for him !

Dave

Cynical
11-25-2006, 06:42 AM
Hey Dave,

Why not go for the glory, and ask for part ownership of his shop.

Or maybe his first born, or something like that.

d-o-k
11-26-2006, 03:19 AM
Mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 The man owns my soul ! Well come to think of it he owns half as my Gun Guy owns the other Half ! As for both of their stores ? Jeez I'm the Chair man of both Boards ! First Born ? Mate these Blokes have probarly eaten or sold ,them !:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dave

Cynical
11-26-2006, 05:11 AM
LOL, Dave.
My bad.
I can see that I didn't fully grasp the seriousness of your situation.

d-o-k
11-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Yes I'm a lost cause ! The Barrel Guy I deal with is the Son of the Barrel Guy that I started dealing with 40yrs ago & my Father delt with them before me ! My Gun Guy is known a the Crab Pot ......Youcan find your way in OK it's getting out again thats the problem ! It's one of those places you can ,sit & talk for hours & catch up with Mates
The best or worst thing is he accepts Body organs as payment ! (my kids are living quite well with one kidney each )

Dave

C1PNR
12-29-2006, 09:56 PM
My Gun Guy is known a the Crab Pot ......You can find your way in OK it's getting out again thats the problem ! Dave
That's a GOOD one! I think I know a couple of places like that! SWMBO has even designated the section of town where they're located as a "No Drive" zone for me.:-D

Hunter
01-11-2007, 01:52 AM
A good honest gunsmith that really is a gunsmith seems to be hard to come by these days. I went through a few before I found one I can trust and not try and rip me off. I have taken enough firearm repair classes to be able to do most my own repairs but it is nice to have back up when it gets over your head.