PDA

View Full Version : Damn it's Quiet

d-o-k
11-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey Guys !!!!! Come on lets get it happening here ! The place is like a tomb !

Dave

Canuck44
11-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Where in hell have you been? If I could get to my range through the two feet of snow we got last week and the 2" of rain that has fallen since Tuesday I could report on my new 30-30 loads but man the weather here has been awlful, windy too.

Been casting in my garage on my new set up.
Go here for a pic.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=10689

Take Care

Bob

Cynical
11-20-2006, 12:21 AM
Yer right Dave,
Just awful quiet. For myself, I have been working while there is work.
The construction trades here in Colorado seem to be like that.
But the upside is: if I can make money in excess of the family budget there just might be a new .223 in my future.
Al

waksupi
11-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Guys, for those of you have never looked at it, go to the Cast Boolits page, linked up on top here. That is where most everyone hangs out, and covers pretty much any subject under the sun.

kodiak1
11-20-2006, 03:40 AM
Like the Governor on BLAZING SADDLES Put it WORK WORK WORK WORK but I don't have a decent set of boys to look at.
New job and it has had a few trying times.
Hope it is on the down hill slide now though.
Ken

Baldy
11-20-2006, 03:41 AM
Hey Bob how did you get that picture from up top looking down on your setup? Was ya up in the rafters or something? Glad Santa came early for ya. Good luck.

d-o-k
11-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Must admit I've been Flat out with work myself ! Had a couple of Gov dogging contracts come up & the money was just too good to refuse ! The drought over here is really Knocking us around ! But I've seen em before & I'll see em again !

Dave

Bullshop Junior
11-20-2006, 03:47 AM
I don't have anything to talk about. All I have been doing is going through the big box of range pick up 223, sorting them by brand, and then dumping them in the box again over and over and over and over and over. It has be anywhere between 20 and 40 below for the last two weeks and it is too cold to shoot because you will freeze your tringer figger in the cold:mrgreen: [smilie=b: . Well there you go that is the rest of the winter to. Dad passes the time by cracking jokes on all the threads over at cast bullets.
DANIEL/BS JR.

d-o-k
11-20-2006, 04:51 AM
20 below ???? Snow ??????????????/ Mate I'm boiling over here ! It's round 100deg !

Bob ! I'll Pm ya my address so as you can send that set up over to me before you! get lead poisioning or something ! Wow ! It's great . [smilie=w:

Dave

Bullshop Junior
11-20-2006, 05:22 AM
D-o-k,
Invent some kind of system to send snow. I will be glad to send you some, especially since I have to shovel snow tomorrow anyway so that I can get the camper out of the snow drift so we can go hunting. Remember... You pay shipping, and I said 40 below!!
DANIEL/BS JR.

Canuck44
11-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi - Well Bullshop Junior is freezing his butt off North of me we got snow, over a foot, then rain for 48 hours! Seems to have tapered off a bit with just a skiff of snow last night. More snow in the forecast then rain!

That casting set up has turned into everything I thought it would be. Regardless of what pot you use as your main pot, having the 2nd pot above the first really speeds up the casting process. I usually start with both pots full and melted. I accumulate sprue etc from casting and when the RCBS is down about half I empty the Lee into it, add all my sprue into the Lee and continue to cast adding sprue to the upper pot as I go. I should mention I add a lb or two of fresh ingots into the top pot as well. I flux of course the upper pot just before emptying it and flux the bottom pot every other fill up.

If you have a 20lb main pot and can find a used 10# pot this kind of set up sure works.

Well Dave sorry to hear about the drought conditions especially given you are going into your summer down there. We are expecting a wet warm winter given it is supposed to be an El Nino year.

Take Care

Bob

Hunter
12-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Well I wandered over here from the cast bullets forum. I have been reloading for better then 8 years now but got into casting the first of last month. I enjoy casting as much as reloading and now can afford to shoot about like I want to.