PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Action Pistol Powder

Daveb
10-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any loading data for W/W Action Pistol powder. I good friend of mine made a good deal on a pound and wants to try it in either .357 Mag or .44 Mag lever action Winchester 94's. We shoot lever action silhouette matches routinely so I don't think he wants much muzzle energy-just enough to knock down those 100 yard rams. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Daveb

versifier
10-02-2006, 11:35 PM
My first stop would be the manufacturer's website. That would get you the basic starting/max load parameters for the powder/case/bullet weight(s) that you are interested in. Seems like very gun is a universe unto itself and seldom is there a magic load combination that works in everyone's, but you never know.... Let us know what loads yours and your friend's guns prefer, (and if they like it).

kg42
10-03-2006, 09:50 PM
It seems that Winchester only gave data for the auto ctges before discontinuing the WAP (current Win. data is at www.wwpowder.com ).

According to Ramshot's Burn Rates table it is somewhere between Unique and Herco:
http://www.ramshot.com/powders/

So I would use Unique/Universal data, starting to medium loads.

kg

OLD RSM
10-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Hi
I pulled several box of 45 ACP 1945 WRA in cans I have 1200 rds.The powder is 5.7 to 6.0 Grns I want to reload with new primers for use in my M1917 Revelver S&W I want to use 4.5 to 5.0 any problems.
Cheers

kg42
10-22-2006, 02:49 AM
RSM, are you re-using the same powder or WAP? And the same bullets you pulled out? Are you absolutely sure they were factory and not reloads?

If same powder I would load a few at 4.0gr and try them in a modern gun, but that's old savvy me...

OLD RSM
10-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi KG 42
I opened the sealed cans WRA 1945. I pulled them down to get out the Corrosiver Primers and reduce the load for target shooting in my M1917 Revolver.
I got the Ammo to use in my Thompson as we can no longer take them to the range I would use them in hand guns.
Thanks for the info.
Cheers