PDA

View Full Version : Lube Wax

Marcello Morbin
09-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Hi everybody,
this is my first time in this forum, I'm from Brasil and cast bullets here.
I make my own wax for lube in the Magma lubstar with heated base and its work preet good.

The receipt is:
Bee wax 71%
Parafin 17%
Carnauba wax 5%
Mineral oil (baby oil) 5%
Crayon (red) 2%

I put in tubes of 3/4 diameter and 4 inchs long and freeze before use.

Hope somebody else try this and send comments.
Tks.

kg42
09-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Hi Marcello, welcome aboard!

Where do you find your carnauba wax?

That must be one hard lube you made there :)? What are you shooting it in?

kg

Marcello Morbin
09-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi there,
Tank you.

I buy carnauba wax here in Brasil , is ease to find an cheap.
i shoot in almost all calibers I cast , like 357 , 9mm, 357 sig,45auto, 44mag, rifle boolits etc..
Works very nice and I don't have any lead in my barrels.
There is not so hard... I use with heated base in my machine to make it ease.
If you wanna try I can send to you a sample, just send me the directions.

Marcello

kg42
09-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the offer Marcello, but I have already all the ingredients exept the carnauba.
Here in Canada carnauba grows on cheese and in car polish :mrgreen:, I understand it is mostly usefull for bore polishing so I haven't gotten any yet (and those cheeses are damn small and expensive too...).

kg

Marcello Morbin
09-29-2006, 02:06 PM
You absolute right , small and very expansive...:cry:

I dont know how it work in Canada... but I think you can buy carnauba from USA or Brasil or maybe in ebay. Try ebay , they have almost all stufs.

nice talk with you.

Marcello

versifier
09-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi Marcello,
Welcome. If I am not mistaken, I believe you are the first South American member of any of the three Gunloads forums. :-D It's good to have such a diverse membership with all the different ideas and methods that they bring. What powders, brass, and moulds are easily available for you in Brazil? I am curious to compare with what our Austrailian and European friends have on hand.

Marcello Morbin
09-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi Versifier and thank you for the wellcome,

Here in Brasil we have a lot of components , do you know Magtec boolits?
So this company is a subsidiary of CBC (brasilian company).
They have a lot of powders , primers and cases.
I still use cases from federal and remingthon etc.. , primers from CCI , winchester etc... powders from alliant , IMR , Hodgon etc...
my machines is from Dillon and RCBS.
I cast my own bullets from a Magma master caster , using molds from Magma , Nei, RCBS, Lymman etc...
As you can see, the most popular stuf are available here.
The process we use to reload is basicly the same, I use to wash my cases a little bit diferent , only in water solution ( no tumbler ).
Please ask what else you want to know and thank you again.

Marcello

Canuck44
09-30-2006, 12:38 AM
Welcome to the board from Canada. These are three great sites and I am sure you will enjoy them. Keep us abreast of what is going on down your way. Enjoy your spring.

Take Care

Bob

Marcello Morbin
10-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi Bob, thank you,
If you need any information just let me know, my english is not very good ... but I 'll keep trying...
You absolut rigth , these site is very nice and I am learning a lot.

Take care

Marcello

Canuck44
10-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Hi

Not to worry your English is a whole lot better than my Portuguese. You will do fine. Besides most of the guys here speak American which is an offshoot of the English language at best, anyway.:mrgreen:

Take Care Eh!

Bob

kodiak1
10-06-2006, 03:44 AM
Canuck 44 that almost sounds like a dig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EH....
Ken

Baldy
10-06-2006, 04:58 AM
Welcome Marcello, from down in the swamp. Post your guns, loads or anything you like as we enjoy it all. Enjoy.

Canuck44
10-06-2006, 05:11 AM
Huh,

All in good fun.

Take Care Eh

Bob

454PB
10-10-2006, 04:44 AM
Welcome Marcello!

Back 35 years ago when I started casting my own boolits, I used a lube recipe of 1/3 Beeswax, 1/3 parafin wax. and 1/3 mineral oil. It worked (and still works) just fine.

I own a Taurus Raging Bull and a Puma Legacy model 92 .454 Casull that were built in Brazil. It's a fine rifle, although a little tough on the shoulder after about 50 rounds.

Marcello Morbin
10-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi 454PB,
Thanks for the wellcome.
You have two nice guns...and must be strong to shoot 50 rounds with rifle...
I have one of those and work very nice.
My lube works really nice, the carnauba leave the barrel shining...
here in Brasil I make boolits to sell , about 500.000 a month, i use Magma equipament and automatic lube star.
The most popular boolits are 40's, 9mm, 38/357, 45auto.
We have a site called Tiro Dinamico (www.tirodinamico.com.br) like this one, just in portuguese.
Thank you again for the warm reception in this forum, and if you want to known anything , just let me known.

Take Care,

Marcello

PS. what about shot show in Orlando jan/07?

C1PNR
10-22-2006, 10:20 PM
I have already all the ingredients except the carnauba.
Here in Canada carnauba grows on cheese and in car polish :mrgreen:, I understand it is mostly usefull for bore polishing so I haven't gotten any yet (and those cheeses are damn small and expensive too...). kg
If you're willing to put up with the bother,:shock: just empty a Makers Mark bourbon bottle, and then cut the carnauba wax off that makes the decorative seal over the cap and neck of the bottle.

I know it's a thankless job, but it is one way to accumulate some free wax.:coffee:

kg42
10-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Free, eh...? But does it help with the price of cheese? (I'm sure it would make them LOOK bigger... :mrgreen:)

Canuck44
10-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Man I went the cheese route. I still get head aches from a tasting session down in Denver based on the bar keep referred to as sippin whiskey. Worked on the girl I was with oh my it isn't single malt Scotch. Oh a mis spent youth.....

Take Care Eh

Bob