PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in south Texas

Mike in tx
03-27-2014, 01:04 AM
As some of you know, Clayton comes down in the winter to chase hogs with some sucess though not recently. It is a good time to be with friends and for me to catch up on sleep. We go to a ranch in Live Oak county that is owned by friends of ours. Next year we are going to hunt from my front yard. We are surrounded on 3 sides by a greenbelt. Well, last week I got home about 0800, stepped out of the truck, slammed the door and what a ruckus across the street. A female turkey was in the neighbor's tree and away it went. It still amazes me that turkeys can fly. Last Monday about 0530 I stepped out of the house and never looked to my right towards Steve's (one of the owners of the ranch we hunt on) and took 6 or 7 steps and something moved in the shadows. It was a young coyote that took off without haste and went through the yards. The mama's are getting ready to whelp and I think that the youngster had been kicked out of the greenbelt. Steve and I figure we might have better luck staying home, sleeping in and hunt the subdivision. LOL

Clayt
03-28-2014, 12:01 AM
Lets put a bunch of stuff in his truck and hunt over BAIT!

j1
04-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Bonjour monsieur. Spanish is not enough eh? If you do not say Bonjour in Paris you will not be liked or treated with respect. Not joking. I love Paris.