PDA

View Full Version : Kel-tec!!!

Toney
06-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Swapped for a P11

Toney
06-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Swapped for a another P11, took it out shooting and was having a lot of FTF and FTE. Got it home and took it apart and the inner recoil spring was missing. Called kel-tec monday got the parts today!!! No cost!!! They sent me two mag springs the recoil guide and both recoil springs a new extractor, spring and roll pin.
I replaced the recoil springs this morning only had one FTE no FTF. Brought it home and replaced the extractor. the old wsa pretty bad, the roll pin had almost wore all the way through the extractor.
I'm waiting to take my CC class, thought i would get to take it this weekend.

Baldy
06-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Hey Toney. I live about 20 miles from their factory. I never owned one but I heard their warranty is good. A lot of the LEO's carry them for back ups. Around here anyway. Let me know how that works out as I been thinking about one myself.
Have a Good Day.:-D

canon6
06-25-2006, 05:38 AM
Toney, my family has three of the darned thing they keep growing on you ,and Kel-Tec customer service is next to none Doug

Toney
06-25-2006, 06:50 PM
This is our second one. I bought the first one for Connie, she only shot it twice. I should have gotten her the 32.
After replacing the extractor this one is doing good, 50rds had one smoke stack and a FTF dropping the slide. I thought after replacing the recoil spring i would have more ST, I can'nt rack the slide fast enought to eject a round with the new springs. Its pretty hard to pull it back enough to lock it back. But it shot them win target loads good. The stuck case was just barley caught, it flicked right out and the slide closed
The ftf i think i had let the slide go to far forward before releasing it. The ex is VERY tight now, I think with some shooting it will be 100% If not, some how I've swapped off my 357mag

Baldy
07-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi Toney. One thing about them that some people have trouble with is that they are so small and light, folks will drag a finger on the slide or let the gun roll. Some limp wrist them and don't think they are. Untill you get use to them they can be a little tricky. Kel-Tec will stand behind them all the way. I am going to get me one of them 3AT'S down the road here. When they 1st came out they had some issuse's but I think they are getting them cleared up. Good Luck with her.:-D

Toney
07-16-2006, 09:31 PM
It's been shooting good. I used it for my cc class, it did'nt let me down, Was only outshot by one guy and he was shooting a full size ruger SA
The instructor let us shoot his new 500S&W!!! I'm still waiting to shoot a really hard kicking hand gun.

Baldy
07-17-2006, 01:34 AM
Toney you mean you shot that hand cannon and it wasn't enough for you? I fear if I was around one going off that it would shatter every bone in my old body. If I tried to shoot it, it would put me in a wheel chair. Your kidding right? Maybe my meds have kicked in early tonight and I am not reading this right.
Have a good day Toney..

Toney
07-17-2006, 01:46 AM
Ithink the load was a 350gr bullet at around 1300fps, it was'nt bad at all. When he asked i don't think anybody said anything. I jumped right up there YES i want to shoot it!!! After i shot it everybody else stepped up. The pistol was one of those short 4" comp smiths. I don't think it kicked as hard as my 44 mag

Baldy
07-17-2006, 03:11 PM
I know a lot of guys want them but I think I'll pass. If I was still hunting or lived in Bear country I would get one. All we deal with down here are Gators so far as being agressive. All I do is pinch paper anymore but I see where they would be a blast to shoot.
I think you and the wife will like your P-11 just fine. They are a good cc gun.:-D