PDA

View Full Version : A-MERC Brass troubles.

Baldy
06-12-2006, 01:20 AM
Is anybody else having trouble with loading A-MERC brass?? I am loading it in 45 acp and about 1 out of 5 will not run through the gauge. I have ajusted the crimpimg die several times and it makes no difference. Up till I fine out more I am giving up on this brand. I use a lot of range brass and that's why I run into some bad deals.:confused:

Toney
06-12-2006, 02:55 AM
I think when you expand them to much there's no way to crimp them enough to chamber.
I used mine for woods loads, and all the cases i've picked up since has went in the scrpa bucket
Hey i sold my 5gal bucket in tulsa at borgs, got $57. it weighed 50lbs they took off 2 1/2 lbs for the bucket. They are paying $1.20

Baldy
06-12-2006, 04:17 AM
Thanks Toney. I guess I'll get me a bucket. I get a lot of these down at the range. I know one thing I am done trying to reload them.:-D

44Woody
06-12-2006, 04:35 PM
there is only one use for A_MERC brass and that is to take it to a recycler and get some money for it them go buy your self a 6 pack that is the best use for it there is :-D 44Woody

versifier
06-12-2006, 04:56 PM
I haven't come across any yet, but thanks, I will remember the warning.

Canuck44
06-12-2006, 10:39 PM
The best place for Amerc brass is in the re-cycle bin. I wouldn't take the time to reload it so I could go to the range to lose it.

Converting it to a six pack makes sense to me. Trying to deal with the stuff will drive you to a six pack!

Take Care

Bob

Baldy
06-13-2006, 04:36 PM
:) Thanks Guys. I am going to do as y'all said, now where's that bucket?

Bisley Blackhawk
06-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Greetings All, where does this stuff, Amerc, come from? I picked up a couple of hundred 9MM cases a few years ago and when I tried to reload them the cases swelled in the middle when seating the bullet...they were so soft. Some of our local IDPA shooters love them and say they have not had many problems with Amerc brass:shock: . IMHO it's crap. Safe reloading, Bisley

Baldy
06-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Well Mr.Blackhawk I am like you. I don't know where it came from, but they can have it back.:twisted: I would say it's one of them inport deals with Red China. I got mind in a bunch of brass that my son in law brought me. As soon as I picked up a case I knew something was rotten. The guys here kept me on the stright and narrow.:-D

Newtire
06-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Hi Baldy and the rest of you.
I made the mistake of loading up a few of em in M-1 carbine & they all split. My son pointed it out as we were picking up the brass. Every one split right up the middle and every one I have left is now in recycle bin. Glad there weren't many.
Appears to be very brittle.

Baldy
06-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Hi Newtire and welcome on broad. I been off and on for the last week as I have a Daughter in the hospital and my wife has got to go next Tuesday. On top of that my best buddy died. I'll see if I can post a picture of him. I am more than a little bummed out.:(

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/4Baldy/IMG_0943.jpg

Newtire
06-24-2006, 04:01 AM
Hi Newtire and welcome on broad. I been off and on for the last week as I have a Daughter in the hospital and my wife has got to go next Tuesday. On top of that my best buddy died. I'll see if I can post a picture of him. I am more than a little bummed out.:(

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/4Baldy/IMG_0943.jpg
Sorry to hear about your best buddy but he'sprobably playing in Doggie Heaven with Sammie...my bestest Doggie Buddy who left the planet 2 yrs ago.
I hang out mostly over on the cast boolit forums but only because I didn't see these.

Baldy
06-25-2006, 03:31 AM
Thanks Newtire. I was disabled about 8yrs ago with seizures and a couple of heart attacks. No matter where I was at and had a seizure that old dog would be laying buy my side when I came to. It would help me to get orinated and back in the house to the bed. Dang I miss him.
Thanks Man.

versifier
06-25-2006, 06:12 PM
That hits pretty close to home here, too. With me it was a spinal injury, and my dog (and cat) never left my side. Both are gone now. I have a new obnoxious cat :mrgreen: , but it will be at least another year before I'll be in a place where I can have a dog again. Old Freddie is still hanging out with me in spirit though, and looks out from every post I make. She lives on in my writing and continues to add quailty to every life she touches that way. The strength of that bond does not diminish over time, and it always remains there to rely on when you most need it, a gift you cannot lose and will not forget.

Canuck44
06-27-2006, 04:10 AM
A-MERC brass is made right down there in the United States of America - Miami Florida

Go here:

http://www.a-merc.com/about.htm

All wrapped up in the Stars & Stripes. Should be a law about what Old Glory can be used for you would think.

Scary part is that I read they actually produce their crap for the American Military as well. God help your troops if they are stuck with ammo from this company.

Take Care