PDA

View Full Version : Fools

j1
03-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Who was the gentleman who thought up the idea of building a lock as an integral part of a handgun. Lock the gun and lose the key and all you could do was bluff or throw it like a rock.

versifier
03-13-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm with you there. I would never buy one, or own one. They irk me. Even the very idea of them irks me. Useless as wings on a whoopee cushion. But then the quality of the new revolvers that come with them is so wanting in comparison to the older ones without I'd buy a used one anyway. I won't even start on how they buggered, gutted, and killed T/C and left a whole city without the company that had been their biggest employer for its entire history......

Almost as aggravating are magazine disconnects on semi pistols. They make sense for a LEO's duty weapon, but somehow they keep appearing where neither needed nor wanted. More small parts to break. They complicate dry firing and encourage people not to check their chambers for safety.

j1
03-13-2014, 09:25 PM
V you can tell that I am old. I keep thinking that the older guns were made better. At least they had no locks. I do not mind locks. If you want one a cable lock behind the cylinder would make any revolver inoperable. This topic can get annoying after a while. But I can choose to stop reading it any time I want to. Mike Gross got annoyed on the original RLB. Hey no one is forcing you to read anything. I like this board so far.

Clayt
03-13-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm with you guys! The lock is like every man made mechanism that can fail without notice.
I don't want an extra (unnecessary) mechanism on my firearm!

Hellrazor
03-13-2014, 10:01 PM
J1,

Might have been the same guy who wants to put serial numbers on bullets. After seeing what a bullet looks like from hitting a deer, I have no idea how they expect it to work.

BTW - Mike got annoyed that everyone else didn't always agree with his free aka nationalized health care dreams. He wasn't overly thrilled with me when I asked how someone who can afford to travel the world was too poor to pay for health care....

elkhunter77
03-13-2014, 10:05 PM
That lock has caused me to return a couple new Pistols back to the factory because they interfered with the operation of the gun. Both in fact were Taurus but I won't go into that now. I first knew something when way back in the 70's Ruger started putting warnings on the barrel to read the owner's manual. I always thought that made the gun look ugly. Much like the stickers all over the new car you buy LOL Mark

j1
03-14-2014, 12:54 PM
Good morning men.

One a pistol may be required in trying to save my life. Simple thought, simple act. I do not want it complicated with a lock. I make mistakes. I do not need another mistake lurking.

Two I liked Mike. His earlier posts about the west and bears and mountain lion were great. Then they stopped and he seemed to become less happy. Several members seemed unhappy with my political posts. I did not stop. If they helped drive Mike away I will regret it but would never muzzle myself. Anyone here can just skip over my political posts. Anyone even notice that there have been none lately? Politics are an extremely important part of our lives. They should not be omitted from our lives and thoughts. O Bama was a mystery man and still is. Who was he? Who is he? And what is his agenda for the U. S.?

What has he done with guns and ammo? Why? Many members have referred to him as dumb. He is not dumb. Like him or not he is the president of the U. S. for two terms. Where is Sed when I need him? (sed has written some loooong posts and most of them were interesting)

Mark you make me laugh, or at least smile. I wanted my 06 with no printing on the barrel to read the owners manual. I said that I would be happy to wait but was told that it could not be done. F'n lawyers. If you do not know that you would not read the barrel or the owners manual.

versifier
03-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Political posts, beyond the occasional comment, are welcome next door on the GunLoads forum. Here we just deal with guns of all kinds, shooting, ammo, loading, casting, hunting, targets, humor, and other interesting things in our lives that don't involve either politics or religion. No one gets offended or alienated that way and we can focus on our common interests regardless of our circumstances or backgrounds.

30-40 Kraig
03-14-2014, 02:15 PM
I guess the only lock I have is on my Rem 700. It has a little J tool that goes into the bolt. I still have the tool but have never used it except for trying it out to see how it works. And then there is the trigger locks that come with the fire arm. I think they are supposed to be stored in the gun cabinet.

Hellrazor
03-14-2014, 08:09 PM
j1, you are right. When he was posting pictures, etc he was happy. When SHTF with politics and the national healthcare it went down hill fast.

Clayt
03-14-2014, 11:47 PM
SHTF when there were no moderators and the forum rules were ignored.

j1
03-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Thank you v. Will do.

versifier
03-15-2014, 01:35 PM
SHTF when there were no moderators and the forum rules were ignored.

That's the problem in a nutshell. Anarchy doesn't mean no rules, it means no leaders and requires maturity, tact, and self control to function smoothly. It just doesn't work in the real world.

Even worse are those forums where the mods do not play by the rules but expect everyone else to. Calling them on it gets you banned or nastied right out of there.

j1
03-17-2014, 02:13 AM
Do you think that my political posts drove Mike away? You will not make me feel too bad.

Hellrazor
03-17-2014, 09:54 PM
j1, No. His ego drove him away. He couldn't stand it when someone didn't believe in his ideals. Anyone who claims poverty yet travels the world isn't going to get far with me. Most people learn to live within their means or they crash and burn or the become democrats :)

303tom
03-18-2014, 04:45 AM
Who was the gentleman who thought up the idea of building a lock as an integral part of a handgun. Lock the gun and lose the key and all you could do was bluff or throw it like a rock.

Was some kind of IDIOT, I to think it sucks !.................

j1
04-03-2014, 08:55 PM
If there were moderators and I was warned and then told that I would be dropped from the board if I made another political post I probably would never make one. There were no mods, at least I was never warned. I do not know why political posts are frowned on. Politics are an important part of our lives.

:x