PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my African Trophies Mounts 1/2

PARA45
02-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Ok gang, they are done, and almost here! I suspect I should have at the door steps of my house sometime on the first week of Mar. I know some of you have been patiently waiting for them to get here, and some no so patiently like J1. Sorry J1, I couldn't resist. :D

Gemsbok

My Impala

Blue Wildebeest

Blesbok

Kudu

I could only post 5 pictures, so, I'll have to do another post.

Enjoy!

PARA45
02-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Here are the rest

Some additional pictures of the Gemsbok

Pumpa :D

versifier
02-24-2014, 12:20 AM
Wow!!!! Fantastic looking heads.

SkyKid
02-24-2014, 10:52 PM
Those are awesome

RiverRider
02-25-2014, 12:02 AM
Very cool. I never cease to be amazed at the diversity of African game.

Clayt
02-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Nice!
Now the $15K to build another room onto the house.........

elkhunter77
02-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Looking great Oscar. Hope you get them into that new house real soon. Mark

picklehead
02-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Good deal Oscar.Looks like the taxidermist done a great job on the mounts.They should last forever if kept in a controlled environment.I need to blow mine off with the air hose in the spring.

PARA45
02-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Thanks guys! The house we have was chosen because of its high ceilings, at 14 ft I have plenty of real state to hang them and a big enough wall for the zebra mount. The best part is that I have a wonderful wife who lets me hang all the dead stuff in the leaving room......I'm one lucky SOB :D I hope I didn't break any rules by saying that....LOL!!!! I'll post more pictures once I get them hung on the walls. :)

Pickle, this was done in South Africa,and they do a very nice job. When I took a tour of their facility, they had everything from Elephants, lions, giraffes, Rhinos, you name it they had it there. . With the packing list I received instructions on how to take care of the mounts, something no other taxidermist had ever done. I know you used to do this type of work, check out their website they are Highveld Taxidermy.

elkhunter77
02-26-2014, 12:01 AM
Hey Oscar, with 14 foot ceilings you have just enough room for a Bull Elk. Come on out and let's see if I can help make that happen for you.

PARA45
02-26-2014, 12:10 AM
Mark, I'm going to take you up on that offer, but let me recover from this one and we'll talk. Maybe next year. I'm already sweet talking my wife for the next hunt. :)

BTW, I found a last minute safari for three or four plains game animals for something around $1450, with options to hunt other animals at additional cost. This did not include air fare.

Mark, here is the link, check it out:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8592407/1

RiverRider
02-26-2014, 12:54 AM
THAT is a heck of a deal. Wish I had some disposable income.

j1
03-02-2014, 06:16 PM
If you run out of room you could always store your elk mount at my house. The living room is two floors high. It must be twenty feet. Since we like each other I would not even charge you. Gotta put my buck horns up till then though. Leave that striped horse hide at your house. Fifty years of horses is enough for me.

PARA45
03-03-2014, 01:52 AM
LOL!!!! J1, you are one generous man! SLMAO!!!!! BTW, my wife was PO at me for shooting the zebra, and she is not in any of the pictures we took of the zebra. However, three days later she was looking at a zebra rug on the wall, and told me "is this how my zebra rug is going to look like?". My mom didn't raise no fool, so I quickly answered "yes dear, exactly like that one". LOL!!! She now has a spot in our new house where the zebra rug is going to be hung. LOL!!!! God, I love how women change their mind in a split of a second.

j1
03-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Oscar women are like the weather. You don't like what they said, wait a minute and they will give you a choice. Speaking of weather have you seen what is heading my way?

Just waiting for the wires to go down. Good move buying that little cheap generator. My wife can and has started it several times.

PARA45
03-04-2014, 12:23 AM
I'll take that little imperfection from my wife. I still think I hit the lotto with her, she doesn't mind me hanging all the dead stuff I want in the leaving room. With the exceptions of my birds, she likes birds and doesn't like birds hanging on the walls, so the birds are in my reloading room (junk room as she gracefully calls it) :D

Yes J1, I've seen what is heading your way. I don't envy you guys! Someone please call Al Gore and remind him of the global warming......my a$$.....LMAO!

j1
03-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Remember Oscar if you happen to shoot two big bull elk you can still hang one on my wall. I will even dust it when I dust my mounted turkey. No zebras need apply though.

PARA45
03-16-2014, 05:32 PM
LMAO!!!! No worries J1, I think you'll have to fight my wife for the zebra rug..... She might be short, but boy she is tough.....LOL

PARA45
03-17-2014, 11:49 PM
well, as you guys can imagine, this waiting is killing me!!! I'm a very patient man, but, I'm pulling a J1, I want these mounts here already.....LMAO!!!! Weeks of torrential rain has delayed the shipment of my trophies, so it seems like the first two weeks of Apr.

j1
03-31-2014, 03:00 PM
I just sent Oscar a picture of the height of my living room. Did not measure yet but it looks to be close to 20 feet. I think my deer horns will fit.

My father was short but he used to be a golden gloves boxer. People never messed with him twice. Man I really miss my father (and my mother too).

I am really glad that you are such a patient man. What are the choices? When I took the treadmill cardiac stress test the cardiologist just announced to the room in general "Get him admitted". He never even asked me if I wanted a quintuple bypass. What was the alternative? Hey I am still here. Life is good.

Oscar I consider you my friend. If you can't pick on me who can? My lovely wife has never picked on me and I told her that I do not respect her for it.

PARA45
04-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Hey gang, my trophies are in a truck south bound from New York City. Hopefully, they should be at my door steps by Tue & Wed.

BBerguson
04-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Very Cool!

BB

Hellrazor
04-06-2014, 10:51 PM
para,

J1 and I hijacked them on the way through PA :)

PARA45
04-07-2014, 08:01 PM
You know, as much as he wants to hang the kudu on his wall, I wouldn't pass it.....LMAO!!!!!

PARA45
04-13-2014, 01:25 AM
Well gang, my trophies finally arrived, but unfortunately my joy was short lived. The crate and three of my mounts were damaged in transit! My favorite animal the Kudu was damaged the most, the nose and mouth are crushed and ripped from the weight of what ever was on top. The impala has a broken ear and a the neck is broken, the mount doesn't look right. The wildebeest suffered the least damage, only some abrasion to the nose and skin and color are missing. The shield where the Gemsbok is mounted has several dents and scratches. So, instead of celebrating and hanging stuff on the walls, I'm now dealing with broken mounts and an insurance claim. Here are some pictures.

Picture of the damaged crate

Kudu's damage

Impala

j1
04-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Oscar I looked at these pics and will not make the same mistake twice. Good luck and let me know what happens.

Hellrazor
04-13-2014, 03:32 PM
That really sucks. I would be bitching a storm at a few people.

PARA45
04-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Thanks J1.

HR; I'm bitching, trust me. Unfortunately, I'm at the mercy of the trucking company & the shipper. Thankfully I have insurance, but the hassle to deal with them is another headache.

Waiting for so long, to have my shipment delivered damaged. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

Here is a picture of one of my walls, enjoy! :D

Hellrazor
04-14-2014, 08:06 PM
should have insured it for the total cost of the trip so you could go back...

versifier
04-14-2014, 11:19 PM
Wow. What a bummer. I sure hope everything works out somehow.

PARA45
04-14-2014, 11:56 PM
I'm hoping! The good thing is that everything is insured, but I do not know for how much. However, dealing with insurance companies is not fun, they are a bunch of tight wads and they usually don't pay up. Hopefully, this will not be my case. I'm hopeful!

Hellrazor
04-15-2014, 08:40 PM
When in doubt, wait until they refuse to budge and swear at them like a drunk sailor. Atleast it might make you feel better :)

j1
04-22-2014, 11:57 PM
It helps to get shit faced first.

Next step go to a lawyer snd have him draft a letter. Proofread rewrite and have him sign and send it. Only a few bucks invested so far.

PARA45
04-25-2014, 12:41 AM
Well, my saga continues,and now the f*ckers in Africa are stating that the insurance coverage was only to the first warehouse in the US. The shipper never told me that, and now they are playing this blaming game....typical! I got a bad feeling I'm going to end up getting hosed on this one. Not over yet, but it's not looking good! I'm trying to be civil for now, but if they deny payment, I'm going all over the internet to tell my story and to stay away from them. It sucks, that I spent all this good money and they won't try to make it good. More to follow.