PDA

View Full Version : Component shortage

30-40 Kraig
02-12-2014, 08:42 PM
I don't know about anyone else here. But I thought the shortage of all the components would of leveled off by now. I am sure you can find some stuff at the local stores. I am at least an hour from a reloading store and rarely travel outside of getting groceries. The internet is the last place you will find components. Everybody can shop those places. Seems like guns are available and the prices have come down on those. I just ordered one and paid $850 for a Stag model 6. Now I can't find the components out side of bullets and some mixed brass.
I just received an order of Hornady 200 FTX bullets for my 460 that I ordered back the first part of November.

Man I hope this ends soon.

DrHenley
02-12-2014, 10:07 PM
I quit looking for components. I have odds and ends and will just make do and even change calibers if necessary. I pretty much have a lifetime supply of components for deer hunting in several different calibers, so target shooting is really the only thing I have to worry about. I have a completely different rifle and set of components for the Zombie Apocalype...:-P

If I get back into IDPA competition, I may start running short of 45 ACP components in about 10 years...:-o

RiverRider
02-12-2014, 11:15 PM
There's stuff here and there but you gotta be pretty light on your feet to snag any of it. I'm like Doc, though. I started trying to get lined out with a lifetime supply of components back in about '06 or so. I'm good for a while.

kodiak1
02-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Powder is a real Bearcat to find anything popular up here in Kanuckaville! Primers are around but you may want to take a little vaseline with you when you go to buy them.
We have a couple suppliers up here that put on preseason reloading buys and they put out pretty good discounts but there is 2 boxes of bullets that I never got from last years buy. I got 17 of 19 boxes so I just went to shooting other calibers. A person can never have to many guns!!!!

RiverRider
02-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Powder's a problem down here in Texas too. I haven't seen Reloader 15 on a shelf in two years, I think. I only need a couple of pounds of it for my Whelen, but I've got enough to get by a long time and I have a standby jug of H4895 also. I think that's the one powder to have on hand if you have to choose only one. I managed to find some H335 last month, but I could use a little Benchmark too. I'm thinking of trying some LT-32 in .223 Remington since it's somewhat available these days. Primers seem to be no problem for now.

Clayt
02-13-2014, 12:16 AM
Hey Ken, When I was up in the great white north back in 2004 I noticed your ammo prices were LOWER than ours. I'm curious, whats a box of say 30-06 go for up yonder?

BBerguson
02-13-2014, 02:17 AM
Pretty good supply of components in northern Pa. My only want is more 17 Mach II ammo...

BB

kodiak1
02-13-2014, 11:25 PM
Clayt Remington Core Lok about 45.00. Federal Premium about the same. Probably get it for 30 to 35 on sale cheaper ammo. I haven't bought a box of ammo in 5 years and the only reason I bought ammo then was to get the brass.

Ken

Clayt
02-15-2014, 12:18 AM
Whoa, that's expensive. Musta been a fluke back in 2004.