PDA

View Full Version : Silhouette revolver

doghawg
05-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Here's a pic of a Smith .41 mag Performance Center with an Ultra Dot L/T reflex red dot sight. This is a recently introduced sight from http://www.ultradotwest.com/ and it hasn't been tried out yet at the range but I think it's going to work well. The dot is 2 moa and is very sharp and clear. With 8 gr. of Unique under a 170 gr. Sierra this gun does one ragged hole groups at 25 so the chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams should drop like flys! Now, has anyone got a cure for "match nerves"?:wink: :lol:

Randy

d-o-k
05-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Damn that's a fine looking piece of machinery! I've longed for a 41 mag for many years but have only ever seen one in the Flesh here in Auz ! As for Match nerves ? Hell I shoot a handgun that Badly nerves don't even come into the equastion [smilie=w:

Dave

doghawg
05-21-2006, 12:02 PM
d-o-k

The problem is forgetting that the purpose for being out there is to have fun but doing well is even more fun so I try too hard and fall apart!

As an edit to the above post the load is 8.5 gr. of Unique.......not 8 gr.............that's the problem with reciting loads from memory, even after 35 years of handloading.

Randy

d-o-k
05-21-2006, 01:20 PM
that's the problem with reciting loads from memory, even after 35 years of handloading.

Randy! I know exactly where your comming from on that one ![smilie=f:

I've been reloading for about the same lenght of time & quite often get asked about loads for long forgottern Wild cats & obsolite rounds I've used over the years & I get very upset shooters when I can't rattle a load off the top of my head ! I've got note books stacked up here in my reloading room that rival the dead sea scrolls for the amount of space they take up (& the amount of translation needed to disifer the scrawl I've put in them ! ) I really must sit down & put them into the Puter one day!!!!
For me Pistol shooting is something that I do for Fun as it is right away from rifle shooting /Hunting of which I earn my living! It's nice to be able to miss & think well that has'nt really cost me anything [smilie=w:

Dave

Baldy
06-19-2006, 02:37 AM
That sure is a good looking gun. If it shoots half as good as it looks you should have no problems. Just have the mind set that your are going to have fun and you will do good. I know I sure would like to run a couple of cylinders through her. Well when I see one that good I just have to get my old 6" Phyton out and shoot a box. Good Luck at the shoot and let us know how you do.:mrgreen:

doghawg
06-25-2006, 11:09 PM
The gun shoots just fine and I was well on my way to a good score (for me) and I fell apart and got three out of the last 15. I hit four out of five on the first bank of turkeys and my spotter said "Hey dude, you're doing good. Keep it up." That's all it took! I started TRYING! My final score was 21 out of 40. At least I know the GUN is capable of performing. That little Ultradot L/T is the way to go for aging eyes that don't work so well with irons.

Randy