PDA

View Full Version : Home Made HP Tool

versifier
11-20-2013, 06:53 PM
This one I made for an old case trimmer. I use the same kind of collar on the drill press as it's a lot faster.

Bullshop Junior
11-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Isn't that kind of like the deal Forester made/makes?

versifier
11-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Yes, it is. But this one costs less than $.05 to make and you don't have to buy one of their case trimmers to use it. (Forster makes excellent products, but I did not need a third case trimmer.) All you need to make it is a countersink and a drill bit the right size for the HP you want. That one uses a bit the same size as the pilot shanks that fit the cutter head. You can also use it with a drill press that has a working depth stop on the quill. Then you can have one in any size, but you need a separate one for each different size - the centering collar has to move freely but not be so loose it wobbles.

Good to see you posting again. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Are you still selling your hand swaged bullets? I still have some .22cals left, they are devastating varmints and top performers on small and medium game. Several people have asked me where to get some.

Also, I know the Bullshop is no longer in business, but do you maybe possibly still have any Speed Green left over? I am down to my last stick. I know there are lots of alternatives, but I am a firm believer in "If it works, don't fix it." And it works really really well. 8)