PDA

View Full Version : Commercial cast bullet experience?

doghawg
05-06-2006, 02:10 PM
I like shooting cast bullets but just don't have the time to start casting my own. Over the years I've purchased from several different suppliers and have formed a few opinions.

Cast Performance and Laser Cast have both given good results in both plain based and GC's in calibers from .357 on up to .500. Based on one bad experience with Meisters, I probably won't buy any more of their products. I've only ordered from Dave once but would rate Montana Bullet Works as one of the best for both price and quality.

How about you guys? Any favorites?

Randy

I suppose I should have posted this in the components thread section?

d-o-k
05-06-2006, 05:14 PM
May I suggest Bullshop bullets ! At bullshop@wildak.net . Whilst I have had no experiance personaly with their product Both Father & Son are members of this & the Cast bullet forum & I have read high testimonials of the bullets & Lube that they produce .

Dave

versifier
05-06-2006, 06:32 PM
I would definitely go with Bullshop first, if only on general principle of keeping it in the family whenever possible. They also make a really good lube for boolits and another for moulds. Nothing but positive comments from satisfied customers on the CB board. They have such an incredible variety of offerings, and will give you choice of finished diameter, alloys, gas checks, etc., too. My experiences with commercially cast boolits have not been very positive - like commercial moulds, most are too small in diameter for decent accuracy, which is the reason I started casting my own. Every so often I will buy a batch from one of the smaller regional companies thinking to save time, but I have yet to find any that meet my accuracy standards. That was before I joined the Gunloads forums. Next time I get to feeling lazy I will order from Bullshop.

doghawg
05-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Bullshop. They seem to be the kind of people I like to give my business to. Got 'em added to my favorites list.

kodiak1
05-06-2006, 08:54 PM
[smilie=w: Can't go wrong with Bullshop Bullets have used them. [smilie=s:

Ken

Poohgyrr
05-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the references, and here's their website http://bullshop.gunloads.com/

:coffee: