PDA

View Full Version : No posts today, so here is one

krag35
04-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Toney, you catching any "Sandys" yet? Been thinking of taking the kids Sturgeon fishing this weekend myself. Turkey season opens here on the 15th, bout the same time the mushrooms start to pop out of the ground, so it'll be a 2fer.
krag35

Toney
04-06-2006, 08:10 PM
We went turkey hunting this morning. Went crappie fishing last week caught one but we caught a dozen or more bass all just under the 13" min

krag35
04-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Turkey season opens here on the 15th. I have a tag and a new shotgun (Rem 870 black synthetic stock 3") that I haven't even shot yet. Going to pattern it this weekend. I sold my 10 gauge, was just getting to much for me to shoot. Taking the boys Sturgeon fishing tomorrow, we are playing hooky, me from work and them from school. Don't think the fishing here local will be very good for some time. Snow pack is 130% of normal, and it's been an unusually wet spring so far. Most of the rivers are to thick to drink, and to thin to plow.

Have to put in for tags for Deer and Elk for me and my sons (every thing around here is a draw tag) Think I'll put in for cow Elk and doe tags for the boys. I'll hunt black powder for Deer again this year.

Crappie don't turn on around here until mid May, early June. they are little guys anyway, one the size of your hand is a good fish up here. They are fun to catch tho. With the 3 kids in the boat, i can barley keep up filleting them as fast as they can catch them. There is no size or limit on Crappie, call them an introduce species and a nuisance.

krag35

C1PNR
04-09-2006, 01:51 AM
Dang, I wish we could keep some size Sturgeon. No go on an Idaho license!

What the heck, we're planning a trip to Hells Canyon for a week or so of smallmouth, catfish, crappie, trout, and maybe even a carp on a small white jig and a light line.:mrgreen:
And MAYBE even a light beverage in the evening,[smilie=w: but only AFTER the sharp instruments are back in the tackle box!

Gunload Master
04-09-2006, 05:01 AM
I was up there in Whitebird last year for steelhead. We did a guided tour, and with the 5 of us that went, we caught two. Always fun to do it though.

krag35
04-09-2006, 01:47 PM
We didn't catch a single fish!!!! First time I have been "Skunked" on Sturgeon. big change in the weather probably put them off the bite. Had a great day with the boys though. The Columbia is higher than I have ever seen it, and they are letting out a lot of water from the John Day dam and The Dalles dam. The place we bank fish in the spring, is just about under water, and it's normally about 5-6' above the water. Places we normally fish 8oz we had to use 16 - 20oz to keep our bait on bottom. There is a lot of water going downstream, and from what I hear, lots more muddy water on the way. Fish adn Wildlife are treating the Columbia Sturgeon like they did the Snake Sturgeon, to little to late to do much good. I'd like to see an outright ban on fishing for OVERSIZED Sturgeon. That's the broodstock, and they are sport fishing them to death.
krag35

krag35
04-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Here is an old picture from Payette ( if it'll work)
krag35

LAH
04-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Geez what a fish........Creeker