PDA

View Full Version : AR Kits???

Toney
03-19-2006, 04:30 AM
Anybody built one? Been seeing the kits for around $430.

Toney
08-04-2010, 02:33 AM
I built one, Ordered it out of the shotgun news from Blackthorn products. It looks as good as any of the rifles i've seen. The upper and lower fits very tight! It shoots pretty good to!

kg42
08-05-2010, 12:19 AM
I-don't-believe-it-![smilie=p:

Now you've got some explaining to do Mister![smilie=l:

And we want details about that kit too :mrgreen:! I see they make them in 308...

kg

Toney
08-05-2010, 02:59 AM
I would really like one in a 243, Been thinking about getting a 6.8 upper for deer hunting. The kit went toghter easy, the only glitch was the bolt catch spring. Had a problem putting it in the receiver, one end was bigger. It was the same spring as the disconnector. Needed better pictures!!! I think it was,nt the right one. But i got it to work. Only launched one spring and detent across the room, took longer the find them than to build the rifle. I bought one awhile back already assembled but messed up taking it to a gun show, sold it standing in line to get in!!!

versifier
08-05-2010, 06:40 PM
I'd be more inclined to think about a 6.5 for the greater selection of bullets and better downrange performance. The 264RLB is based on the 6.8 case and although initially designed for single shots, it should function very well in an AR as long as you aren't loading the longest and heaviest bullets. Why you'd want anything heavier than 120 or 140gr for deer hunting I don't know, so it ought to be just the ticket.

You can get a lot more info about it here:
http://www.reloadbench.com/