PDA

View Full Version : Winchester question

Huffmanite
03-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Just left a Wal-mart. Noticed they recently received 3 Winchester M70 Shadows with scopes in 243WSM, 270WSM or 300WSM. Know my local Wal-marts are putting the Winchester short magum ammo on clearance. Anyone have any comments about this rifle and the cartridges

Toney
03-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the guide Huffmanite!!! I always thought they came out with those just to sell new rifles. But if you did'nt already have a good rifle they might not be to bad at all.

d-o-k
03-02-2006, 03:42 AM
G'day & welcome to the Guide.:-D The WSM rounds seem to be taking off like a wild fire on our side of the pond .I 'll be the stick in the mud here though & say I'm a bit worried about the future of Winchester & I think personally I'd stick with the tried & proven rounds ,but thats only my 00.02 worth

Dave

Huffmanite
03-02-2006, 06:41 AM
d-o-k, kinda think the same way you do about tried and proven rounds. Called the store back, clerk said they had a M70 in 7mm Remington mag too that I did not notice. Decisions, Decisions. Trying to decide if I should buy it now, while my wife is in Las Vegas on business.

d-o-k
03-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A heaven sent opertunity ! The wife is away ? & your wondering if you should pick up that New 7mm mag? Don't you realise this is a Heaven sent chance to get a rifle into the house without Mum realising:mrgreen:

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ask yourself these questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(A) How long .....before she finds out?

(B) Will you get away with it ?

(C) How high is your thress hold of Pain?
ie: .....How many kicks to the groin are you going to recive before you pass out?

(Trust me I speak from hard earned experiance [smilie=b: )

Dave

C1PNR
03-05-2006, 01:50 AM
I've got to get over to Wally World and see if they have anything I would like to have. I'm not interested in the "new" cartridges, just the old timers.

Probably my last chance to get a decent M70 at a decent price. May even be too late for the decent M70. Might have to go with the synthetic stocked version.:-?

I guess that's my way of saying "Go get it!" while the getting's good.:mrgreen: