PDA

View Full Version : Marlin model 60DL? Am I right?

Bullshop Junior
02-23-2006, 06:18 AM
Ok,Ok, here's the deal. I traded my marlin 700 for a marlin model 60. Now this gun has been used a lot. I scraped 1/16 of a inch of gunk out of the action on most of the parts, had to take it apart, and put it back together 5 times, had to reassemble the cocking piece that had come out of place, that is how much it has been used. But I think that it is a marlin 60DL It was a fancy birch stock on it, with checkering in the shape of a squirrel on a tree.
Can one of you tell me how much is this gun worth? It is one of the old ones, because the trigger guard is aluminum, and the one on the old 700 was plastic.
DANIEL/BS JR.

Bullshop Junior
02-26-2006, 05:43 AM
We had a reloading class today, as we do every year at this time. Today we had one man that knows quite a bit about old guns like that one, and he said that the stock is something that someone made and put on it, and that the off center sling swivel is no big deal. I put the swivels on it so that I could mount my marlin sling on it. I have not got to shoot it yet, but am hoping to soon.
DANIEL/BS JR.

d-o-k
02-26-2006, 06:22 AM
I'm sureyou going to have fun with that little marlin ,Dan .The great thing is you can tinker with the bedding ,try different sights on it ,shorten or lenghten the stock . These are the rifles that you learn about home gunsmithing with rather than deciding to work on a more expensive rifle ! Mil surps are the same cause their cheap & if you make a mistake it is'nt as if you've payed a fortune ! Good luck with it !

Dave

Toney
02-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Were the model 60s made before the 1960? probably not looking at the model no. Yep neat little rifles, it would be really neat if they made a left hand model so you did'nt have to take that crapp in your face shooting left handed.

Bullshop Junior
02-27-2006, 02:48 AM
Toney,
I Have not had that problem, but when I had the old H&R Leatherneck, I was helping my little brother hold it up standing on the right side of him, and he pulled the trigger five times really quick, and I got 5 HOT HOT empty 22 shells down my shirt. Boy was I jumping around trying to get them out!!
DANIEL/BS JR.

d-o-k
02-27-2006, 04:17 AM
Dan There is nothing quite like the experiance of a few hot enmpties down your shirt to wake you up & get you moving (The damned things seem to stay hot forever )

Dave

Toney
02-28-2006, 04:15 PM
We were at the range and there was'nt any brass deflectors for my M16, I was doing fine untill a brass stuck under my helment strap. At first i thought a bee had stung me. It left a big blister that looked just like a 223 case.

versifier
02-28-2006, 11:59 PM
I was shooting the Garand last summer and the guy at the next shooting table had a friend spotting. Two cases hit him in the belly and down into his shorts. I did get the brass back....