PDA

View Full Version : A kid & a .410

d-o-k
08-14-2005, 12:21 PM
As a Kid I weaned my teeth with a single barrel .410 .Now I havwe a second family (due to remarrige) & as my step son is dead keen on shooting I got him a sigle barrel .410 as we have always had problems getting 16g's in Auz ! I had a Kangaroo hanging under a tree out the back of the house & was just having breakfast before butchering it (we live on a large property & I shoot Roos for a living ) The lad wandered in from out side & asked if he could go for a shot? Yeah no worries mate was my answer! A couple of mins later there was a shot from out the back & the lad wandered in & returned the gun to the safe ! What was that all about I asked ? & was rewarded with ....There was a crow about to have a feed of Roo.....It ain't no more ! :coffee: Damned fine investment hat .410 damned fine :wink:

Deputy Al
08-21-2005, 04:27 PM
The 410 bore isn't just for kids--I use one (Rem 870) for doves and quail quite a bit. The 3" shells and #9 shot do all right to about 35 yards. The kids like the critter for shooting clays out in the desert, for sure.

d-o-k
08-22-2005, 05:07 AM
The 410 bore isn't just for kids--I use one (Rem 870) for doves and quail quite a bit. The 3" shells and #9 shot do all right to about 35 yards. The kids like the critter for shooting clays out in the desert, for sure.

You'll get no arguement from me on that I quite enjoy taking the little gun out to take crows ,pigiens,rabbits & walk up a few Quail in the stubble brings back memories [smilie=1: :-)