PDA

View Full Version : Dam-it

Toney
02-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Sent the jap off today, while i was out we stoped a a couple of pawn shops. Been trying to decide on what rifle i wanted next. Well i found a norinco T33 9mm that looks new!!!!! if it han been in 7.62 i would have bought it on the spot. They want $250 for the dam thing, the one i see in arkansas was only $175 but did'nt look near as good :confused:

d-o-k
02-14-2006, 06:12 AM
Sent the jap off today, while i was out we stoped a a couple of pawn shops. Been trying to decide on what rifle i wanted next. Well i found a norinco T33 9mm that looks new!!!!! if it han been in 7.62 i would have bought it on the spot. They want $250 for the dam thing, the one i see in arkansas was only $175 but did'nt look near as good :confused:

Got to admit it's tempting try talking em down ! Money always talks

Bullshop Junior
02-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Toney,
I thought that you just got a 9mm. If I was going to get a new hand gun, and I had just got a 9mm I would go for a 45 ACP. I have been using one in a rifle, and boy is that thing accurate!! The one that I have is a converted lee enfield, that has a gizmo, so that it takes 1911 magazines. When we first got it, the magazine kept falling out, and I was afraid to use it, because I thought that every time I took a step the magazine would fall out. Dad fixed it a couple of days ago, And I am now using it. I went and got it sighted in, and 2 shots accounted for 2 *Wabbits*. The first one that I shot, Dad and me were walking in the brush, dad with my pump 12ga, and a rabbit hopped out, and sat behind a bush. That rabbit was looking down the barrel of the 12ga, but did not see me. I smacked him on the end of the nose with a swadged hollow point. When I went to get him I found him, dead as a dry chicken bone, and that the bullet entered his nose with such force that is bulged out his eyes!!! The second one I was walking down a snowmobile trail, and when I got back out to the road, There he was right where I just was!! I got the gun up, and there was a patch of weeds in the way. I shot right through it, and the *wabbit* flattened out right there right now. I thought that I missed, so I reloaded the gun, but as I was just bringing back up the gun, the rabbit gave a little kick, and over the hill he went. On this one I hid just in front of the shoulder. There was only a little bit of skin holding on the head. so there you go, just to show you just how deadly a 45 acp can be.
DANIEL/BS JR.
:-D :mrgreen: :)

Toney
02-14-2006, 06:40 AM
I need it!!! to go along with my cz52

i've been thinking about building one of the 45 rifles. I can'nt bring my self to hack my No.4 it's a 43 faz. And i've read the mausers don't feed as good as the endfields.

Sound like you are having a lot of fun blasting rabbits.

Bullshop Junior
02-14-2006, 07:28 AM
I need it!!! to go along with my cz52

i've been thinking about building one of the 45 rifles. I can'nt bring my self to hack my No.4 it's a 43 faz. And i've read the mausers don't feed as good as the endfields.

Sound like you are having a lot of fun blasting rabbits.
Yes, and up here I need,
that 45 acp,
and I need a single six,
and I just gotta have a mosin nagant,
and this and that.
Oh well,
You only need one........I need 20!!! haha
DANIEL/BS JR.
P.S. What is a 43 faz

Toney
02-14-2006, 04:06 PM
A no.4 mIII made in the UK in 1943, a war year rifle for us ww2 rifle nuts!!!

d-o-k
02-15-2006, 05:34 AM
A no.4 mIII made in the UK in 1943, a war year rifle for us ww2 rifle nuts!!!

The Old Lee enfield has always been the back bone of my working rifles & probarly earned me more money over the years than any of the other calibers put together! I've always been able to rely on it's feeding in no matter what conditions I was working under .

Dave

Toney
02-15-2006, 06:02 AM
my No4 has feeding issues i have been told that it has got a No1 mag???

rocklock
02-16-2006, 02:53 AM
The Old Lee enfield has always been the back bone of my working rifles & probarly earned me more money over the years than any of the other calibers put together! I've always been able to rely on it's feeding in no matter what conditions I was working under .

Dave

There was a quote a fellow used to have on a firearms board I was on years ago:

"What will become of the wild men of the world when the last Lee-Enfield wears out?"

d-o-k
02-16-2006, 03:32 AM
There was a quote a fellow used to have on a firearms board I was on years ago:

"What will become of the wild men of the world when the last Lee-Enfield wears out?"

People Like myself & many of my Mates will retire to a small island & slowly fade away ! But I can't see that happening in the near future !

Toney if you've got a Mk111 mag instead of a Mk4 mag you will have more problems than a pregnent NUN!!!! Worse if you put a MK4 Mag into a MK111 You'll have fun trying to remove it !!!!! (Been there Done that:cry: )

Dave