PDA

View Full Version : 12,16,20,28 and .410

Mosko
02-08-2006, 10:29 PM
What about 10, and 24? I probably need help with both, as well as NEC presses. The press I bought was a "Sizemaster".

I hope you can tell me that they are good ones.

Bullshop Junior
02-09-2006, 05:08 AM
I do not use a shot gun loader that much, and when I do use it I only use it for crimping shot shells that I open up to dump the shot, and drop in a slug round ball.
DANIEL/BS JR.

d-o-k
02-10-2006, 02:52 AM
The only Shot shell Press I own is a Mec 600jr (Which I'e got set up for 410 ,as for the amount of 12g I use these days it's easier to just use my Old Lee hand loader ) I would get on to Nec & see what converstion Kits are avalible .Sizemaster are a honest working press though

Dave

Mosko
02-10-2006, 01:57 PM
I've got the sizemaster press set up with a short kit for the 10ga, as of last night. I also have all the 10ga components.

The press looks like a fine machine on the surface. I looked ad several manufacturers and models, but the MEC 600 jr, and sizemaster was the only one I could find where 10 ga "short" attachments were available.

The only problem is that I am confused a bit. Three (3) powder funnels came with the press with some kind of volume crossover chart. I have a couple of pounds of H110 powder. The powder funnel data, as opposed to the grains of weight, applied to 1.5 oz steel shot, has me wondering, "and not knowing" the power of the load.

I am having trouble finding a recipe for 3" "old load" 10 ga data. Everything I find is 3.5' turkey loads, and I'm sure that's probably too much for this old gun.

I think I'm going to have start with 12 ga field load data, testin the results and work up to a good workable and safe load.

The other problem is, although I have been loading rifle cartridges for 40 years or so, I have NEVER loaded even a single shotgun or pistol round!