PDA

View Full Version : One rifle no waiting !

d-o-k
02-05-2006, 08:12 AM
After cleaning & butchering our haul the other night .I got the kids to dump to the offal off up in our dump . I was sitting thinking on Sat morning ,that foxes love roo offal & I have on occasstion had thirty plus foxes sitting round waiting for me to move off from where I was doing a gut out bush (you have 4 or 5 Roos hannging on the side of the tray bleeding & the foxes pick up the sent & follow it ) ! So I thought there was going to be a pretty good chance of maybe giving the kids a chance at a Fox (even though we've been baiting pretty heavily this year ) I told them just to grab a .22 as the chances were we would'nt see anything ) Of course as we drove up to the dump 4 foxes took off for safer pastures ! But young Ev nailed one of them & if we'd (Ok! If I'd said take the hornet) we would of got the other three as they have,nt been shot at for a couple of years & sat just out of range for the .22lr !:-? Total time out before the contact? 5mins . I then got abused cause I could'nt be bothered skining it as the skins at this time of the year are only worth $5.00 ! I got told in no uncertain terms by the kids $5.00 is $5.00!!!!! Needless to say they grabrd it & skun it out & pegged it !
Dave

Toney
02-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Hey Dave You guys are having to much fun!!!