PDA

View Full Version : Deer food here in ok

Toney
02-02-2006, 10:07 PM
http://websearcht.cs.com/wm/boomframe.jsp?query=deer+food+in+oklahoma&page=1&offset=2&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3Df de39922afac5ce%26clickedItemRank%3D2%26userQuery%3 Ddeer%2Bfood%2Bin%2Boklahoma%26clickedItemURN%3Dht tp%253A%252F%252Fwww.noble.org%252FAg%252FWildlife %252FDeerFoods%252F%26invocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3DWMTRoll%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.noble.org%2FAg%2FWildl ife%2FDeerFoods%2F

Man that's a big link!!! I've been studing up on what deer eat, there's pic of the plants to

d-o-k
02-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Toney that should even up the odds a little in your favor ! That reort knows more about Deer than they know themselves !!!!

Dave

dale clawson
05-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Toney: Over here on our side of the 100th meridian the deer eat corn, alfalfa, milo, peanuts(in all stages), wheat, most things in my garden, fruit from my trees, flowers,grain from the bird feeder,if that runs out the graze on blackberrys, clover,dandilions,dock,acorns,virginia creeper, honeysuckle,rescue grass, wild grapes, wild plums, prickly pear cactus leaves and fruit,and a jillion other things in the woods around my house. With so little to choose from it's a wonder they can stay so fat. Makes me feel sorry for the poor starving critters!

dale clawson
05-18-2006, 01:57 AM
d-o-k: I enjoy your input to the board. Reminds me the winter of 73-74 when a pal and I spent the winter hunting and trapping furs. We ran traps and snares and removed pelts by day, with an occasional stint of calling and jumping up varmits by chance, then spotlighting at night. Fur was selling good and we took coyote, fox(mostly grey), bobcat(the money maker),raccoon, oppossum,badger,and skunk. The skunk we sold unskinned for $1.00 as they only brought 1.25 skinned! When we sold our first bunch, I saw a kid about 14 skinning a skunk. I asked the buyer about prices, and decided that kid was earning the two bits(25cents). We had been seeing lots of skunks as we spotlighted at night, but had passed the stinky rascals up. We decided to take a bunch the night before we went to sell the next time, our wives said that would be the last time, so we gathered up 32 of them with a 22 and shorts. When we delivered them, the buyer told the kid to go out and get the skunks from that truck. He took a look in the back and started crying like a baby, didn't blame him a bit!