PDA

View Full Version : nagant sporter

Toney
01-25-2006, 05:51 AM
got the mount and handle on

Toney
01-28-2006, 02:11 AM
With the scope it's shooting 1 1/2" off the hood of the truck!!! shooting check silver tips

Bullshop
01-28-2006, 06:25 AM
Tony
A couple questions for ya. What kind of mount did you use, and is that bolt the type that you saw off the origonal and drill and tapp for the replacment?
I have never actualy seen one of those but am curious to know how well they will hold up.
We have several carbines in our shop that get little interest. I think if I sported them up a bit they may move. We have a large number of Russians that emigrated here when they broke up but they too want scopes.
BIC/BS

Toney
01-28-2006, 06:38 AM
It's an advanced techology mount kit, comes with the dill, tap, mount and the handle. Got this one from sog for $33 a buck more than the rifle.

The handle is the only bad thing, it works but does'nt look that good. You cut the original off leavind a 1/16" of nub. the hole is drilled besides the nub and the handle is bolted on. i had to epox the nub to keep the handle from moving, made it rock solid! with a welding rig i think it would look a lot better

The mount is solid bolted on with 10/32 machine screws

Time will tell have only shot this one twice swapped my first on off right after i finished it. it did'nt shoot very good. the pawn shop guy gave me a hundred in on trade for it

Bullshop Junior
01-28-2006, 07:15 AM
It's an advanced techology mount kit, comes with the dill, tap, mount and the handle. Got this one from sog for $33 a buck more than the rifle.

The handle is the only bad thing, it works but does'nt look that good. You cut the original off leavind a 1/16" of nub. the hole is drilled besides the nub and the handle is bolted on. i had to epox the nub to keep the handle from moving, made it rock solid! with a welding rig i think it would look a lot better

The mount is solid bolted on with 10/32 machine screws

Time will tell have only shot this one twice swapped my first on off right after i finished it. it did'nt shoot very good. the pawn shop guy gave me a hundred in on trade for it
Toney,
Advanced techology.........That rings a bell......But I do not know why.[smilie=b: OH YA!!!!!!!!! Advanced techology !!!!!!!!!!!![smilie=b: That is the brand of the stock that we have on our enfield 45/70. Well It should be esay to find.
Thank you.
DANIEL/BS JR.

Toney
01-30-2006, 03:37 AM
Shot it at 175yd today, it's keeping everything within 3 1/2". Almost through with it, most all the bayo mount is gone. Still got to repair the crack, you can see it in the pic. Got a 3/8 poplar dowell yesterday, but think it's to big. Going to get a 1/4" one tomarrow.

Thinking about trying the pistol grip i read about at surplus rife.

I sure wish i had a good bench to shoot that ice box from. Gonna have to start shooting at the bottom door, the hill is getting shorter

Toney
01-30-2006, 05:31 AM
Went ahead and gouged out the forarm for the dogcollar sling.