PDA

View Full Version : Figured I'd Say Hello

drhall762
08-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Looks like I am the Newbie to this forum. Thought I'd better at least say hello. So HELLO from Ammon, NC. I am not new to reloading. Had my first class when I was 12. I am now retired from the U.S. Army and semi-retired in general. After the Army I went to work as a machinist and before leaving the work force for the farm and my own shop and range, I was responsible for set-up and programming of the CNC equipment for a manufacturing company that produced AR15 style rifles and carbines.

As I said, I am now on the farm and working to clear some land for a range and garden. Figured 600 yards was enough. Always wanted to be the only kid on my block with a 600 yard range and now I will. LOL.

Other than that, I am trying to get the shop finished. Nothing fancy, mill, lathe, welding booth, EDM wire machine and a 60 ton punch press. They all followed me home Dear, honestly.

I am terrible about firearms and reloading. If I have a CF caliber, I have to reload for it. I reload .223 Remington on the small end up to .50BMG at the top. In between is a couple of dozen others including BP cartridge.

As I have taken a fancy to Cast Boolits in the past few months, I found this forum. Eggs and Bacon, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Hand in Hand, just don't get no better than that!

I'll be around,

Guesser
08-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Welcome and hello!!! You and I have similar back grounds; retired Navy, worked for a Big Yellow(Caterpillar) dealer until I retired to full time reloading and shooting. I was introduced to casting and hand loading at almost the exact same age as you. Gave up on making a living, it was taking too much time away from the vital endeavors. GUNS!!!!!!!!!!

kodiak1
08-07-2011, 12:54 AM
dave welcome to the site.
Interesting jobs you've had.

Ken.

303tom
08-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Welcome to the site Dave !