PDA

View Full Version : gun shows

beekeeper
05-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Was thinking of going to the one in San Diego Ca. next weekend.
Have never been there so was wondering if it was worthwhile?
Worth the price of admission?

beekeeper

runfiverun
05-16-2011, 12:15 AM
dunno it's like 1200 miles away.
but i bet the jerky and mili-reject stuff booths are in full force.

_MIg_
05-17-2011, 06:58 AM
depends on what your looking for. I usualygo to the one at Orange county fair ground. I usualy look for ammo at low price or realoading material. as far as weaponds you might get lucky, also parts specialy magazines you can fins good prices. As far as drinks and food you might as well eat before you go in.

beekeeper
05-18-2011, 04:00 PM
I guess I will find out as I have made plans to go on saturday.

run5run,
I hope there aren't many glass and jerky sellers.
Am wondering what that has to do with guns? Targets maybe!

Anyway will post my findings Sunday.

beekeeper

Guesser
05-19-2011, 12:36 AM
I go to the gun shows to find the little odds and ends that aren't visible in everyday life. Obsolete sights, discontinued, out of date ammunition, reloading tools no longer made, steel tube Weaver scopes, checkered steel butt plates and anything else. I go thru the boxes, what I want is not on open display where it is visible by just standing there with my hands in my pockets. I very seldom have anything in mind when I pay my fee and walk in. I look for hints and hunches and follow them with questions to the vendors. I take notes as I go thru the first time, that way I can go directly to a table after I have made my way thru it all the first time.

beekeeper
05-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Well youse guys were right!
Show in complete building and some outside at the fair grounds.
If it wasn't black rifle or black rifle parts it was candles, glass , hot sauce, spices!
A couple of tables of milsurp weapons that were so over priced no one was buying.
A table of lever guns that the guy wanted the family jewels for!He wasn't even getting any looky- loos
Very few parts and almost no cleaning gear.
Miwall corp was there with powder and primers , and even that was short on most powders.
Got the powder I wanted and some LR primers so it wasn't a total bust.

beekeeper