PDA

View Full Version : Dpms ar 15

school of mines
03-07-2011, 01:31 AM
I own a Bushmaster AR15 and enjoy it a lot. But, so does my son! So I'm looking at getting another AR for us to take out when we go shooting. Our local gun shop just got in a rack of DPMS ARs. The rifle I find interesting is the flat top model with a stainless bull barrel. Anyone have any experience pros or cons for DPMS? I noticed that they don't have a forward assist, but that really isn't that big of a deal to me.

Thanks!

runfiverun
03-07-2011, 06:48 AM
dpms is down the line on fit and finish [imo] but i bet they shoot good nuff.
not sure about aftermarket fit on stuff like triggers,uppers etc.
i went with an armalite and a stag arms, and i wouldn't hesitate on a rock river. [ regret selling my old colt]
i looked at as many web sights as i could, and used my weak google foo, attempting to research the other than what they issued me ar's.
ar15.com might just turn up an interesting web sight and some good reading.

Pegasus1
03-23-2011, 06:02 PM
I put one of their uppers on a ccmg lower that I got a deal on. It shoots 1.5" groups at 100 yards. That might be my fault, the guns fault, or the Bushnell scope that is attached to it.

I want to warn you that I had to put a riser on it so that I could mount the scope. I hope the photo shows you the interference issue that I had with scope and the charging handle.

I haven't had any issues with not having a forward assist on it.

Clinebo
11-30-2011, 06:00 AM
I have a DPMS, but not that model. I do know a friends son-in-law owns that model and says its very accurate. I don't remember the load it fancies,but do recall that it was a ragged hole at 100 yds.

stubshaft
03-09-2012, 10:17 AM
I have a DPMS H-Bar A2 upper with a 7" twist and it is amazingly accurate with 69 grainers. The fit and finish is the same as original Colts.