PDA

View Full Version : Casting on the Weekend

kodiak1
01-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Went to work and between my son and I we cast just shy of 1000 357 Rounds. Now to get these little gems setting over a little dab of powder and then off to the range if the weather holds out as good as it has been. Ain't life good when you get to do something that you really enjoy with ones you love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Ken.[smilie=2: [smilie=6: :coffee: :coffee:

d-o-k
01-10-2006, 01:10 AM
Good on Ya Ken [smilie=p: Aint nothing like a Dad & Lad excercise together !That's great news !more power to you[smilie=w: This is the next gerneration we're training up !

Dave

Toney
01-10-2006, 04:45 AM
That's a lot of casting! be a lot of shooting to!!! Have fun

rocklock
01-13-2006, 02:03 AM
I love casting.

It's the sizing and lubing I hate...

versifier
01-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Rocklock, I get a lot of thinking and planning done when my hands are occupied with mindless mechanical tasks like lubing & sizing, or processing cases. It is a lesson I learned from my great aunt (now 97) who likes to knit. I asked her as a teen how she could sit there for hours doing something as boring as knitting. "Only my body is here knittting. My mind can be anywhere else, and then I've still got something to show for an afternoon of planning and deciding." It changed the way I look at work (and play), and the hats and scarves keep my now bald head warm and will continue to do so, and I will be glad of her long after she is gone... There are lots of other places to be as the boolit boxes fill or the piles of cases get higher. Good, undisturbed quiet time is a precious commodity, and you can be a rich man.

krag35
01-14-2006, 02:56 AM
There are lots of other places to be as the boolit boxes fill or the piles of cases get higher. Good, undisturbed quiet time is a precious commodity, and you can be a rich man.

That is one of the smartest things I have read on the internet.

krag35

rocklock
01-14-2006, 04:26 AM
See, I do enjoy some of the more mindless tasks of reloading...swaging primer pockets, trimming cases, etc. The problem with lubing/sizing is that you have to pay just enough attention to the task that you can't really daydream while you do it, but not enough that it's actually interesting.

versifier
01-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Maybe that's why I like the Lee tumble lube and push sizing so much.:coffee: