PDA

View Full Version : comment on the lee TL356-124-TC

tackstrp
02-09-2011, 02:33 AM
I found that I was seating the bullet to far down. Was looking at a Winchester 9mm commerial FMJ and relized that some of the feeding problems i was having was over all length was to short.

The excess Alox or xlox at thinned to 60 % mineral sprits helps, but still need to wipe excess off . I like shiny and bright exposed lead. To make over all length longer had to bring out one micro lube groove . could do two grooves, which i wil try.

Anyway, ordered the 356-120-TC, will use my lyman 450 with Lyman orange magic.

Reason i used the orange magic is the heat range is within the heating range for the lyman add on heater. Tried the heat air gun, heat lamps. and did not care for results.
If it gets to hot can add a rheostat.

will see what happens.
i know 100 different ways to do this so i did not subsribe, just sharing

tackstrp
02-16-2011, 03:13 AM
I like the Lee 6-Cavity Bullet Mold 356-120-TC so much , lube d with orange magic that i will be selling my Lee 6-Cavity d TL356-124-TC For me will be less work the old fashion way for the 9mm.

I tried running some 102grain .380 lee bullets thru the sizer while it was heated up. Was not pleased with the results. Could me just me and not willing to find the proper set up on the sizer. Consequentlly will have to stay with the xlox way.

Regardless i Ordered a Ranch Dog 380 TL358-100-RF today. Will just have to stick with the xlox way and wipe every round after loading. Tried Dipping a few cast bullets as a sample , wipeing excess off would be better for me. Sure people say do this or that, but i will do things my way.

hornady
03-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Some post I have read guys had good results with Lee molds and the Lyman 450. I was not one of them. I no longer own any Lee molds. From time to time over the years I have tried a few.
Mainly to check a bullet design before buying a Lyman or RCBS mold. The Lee bullets I have shot had very good accuracy. But I don’t like the tumble lube. Or the Lee Bullets with normal lube rings, I have never found one that held enough lube for my liking.
Lee lube rings are not as deep in there standard lube bullets. As most mold makers.
If you like the Lyman Orange Magic Lube, you might want to check out
( WWW.LsStuff.com/lube) his BAC special blend is real close to Lyman Orange it is slightly firmer. but a heater is not needed, And it cost about half the price.