PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Mk11 .22

d-o-k
01-07-2006, 04:52 AM
I do'nt normaly get a hankering to buy a semi auto but .This morning a Mate called round with a Ruger mk11 & I must admit I was really impressed with it !Now all I have to do is convince the minister of finance (The wife that I really must have one )I'm still trying to get the guts up to tell her there's another martini in the safe !:mrgreen:

Deputy Al
01-07-2006, 05:42 AM
I have one of the Mark II 22/45 variants with 5.5" barrel, and it is a fine shooter. One hell of a lot of pistol for the money, in my view.

versifier
01-07-2006, 06:30 AM
I know this might be a fairly controversial statement, but I think the MkII is the best firearm S,R&Co has ever produced, bar none. Right out of the box ten years ago, my bull barrel unit is the most accurate handgun I have ever owned. I have other Ruger products that I really like, too, and have had and sold others I wasn't too thrilled with over the years.
I cannot for the life of me figure out why they made the most recent changes - I think the new MkIII version is junk and can't see why anybody would waste their time or money one. A clear case of fixing what ain't broke, and breaking it. Every single change a disimprovement and a dissapointment. They should know better.

Toney
01-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Tell her you bought it for her

d-o-k
01-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Tell her you bought it for her

Bugger that! She'd never let me use it! What I'll do is hide it for a while . Somewhere she never looks Like the oven for instance:mrgreen:

krag35
01-10-2006, 02:51 AM
Bugger that! She'd never let me use it! What I'll do is hide it for a while . Somewhere she never looks Like the oven for instance:mrgreen:

Sounds like we married Sisters :-)

I had a friend that bought his wife a really neat Ruger Red label 20 gauge for her birthday. It's still sitting in the box in the closet :-)

I have a MKII and really like it, it shoots better than I can hold. I had a 22/45 and it was accurate too, but didn't "pack" well. I traded it for a Tarus 421 (?) 3" 44special, best packing gun I ever had, wish I still had it.

krag35

d-o-k
01-10-2006, 10:40 AM
I must admit the Mk111 is a disapointment ! I had a look at one at my Gun Guys & was not impressed! It will have to be a Mk11 for me to seperate from my hard earned cash

Dave

versifier
01-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Some of the plain barrel units weren't particularly accurate, but, just like with the 10/22 and others, there are aftermarket assemblies that pop right on. IIRC, they are considered to be "receivers", so you have to get them through a dealer, but they are slick looking and stellar performers. Someone brought one down to the club last year and everyone wanted to try it out - good thing it's a .22 or the poor guy would have gone broke making everyone happy, but he sat there with a couple of bricks and a big smile while we all broke it in for him in an afternoon. They come in some wild colors!

d-o-k
01-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Some of the plain barrel units weren't particularly accurate, but, just like with the 10/22 and others, there are aftermarket assemblies that pop right on. IIRC, they are considered to be "receivers", so you have to get them through a dealer, but they are slick looking and stellar performers. Someone brought one down to the club last year and everyone wanted to try it out - good thing it's a .22 or the poor guy would have gone broke making everyone happy, but he sat there with a couple of bricks and a big smile while we all broke it in for him in an afternoon. They come in some wild colors!

As a matter of intrest Have you seen or used the MK111 Hunter? I saw one in a catalouge At the dealers today (he dosent have any Mk11's at the moment ) So I thought I may go new any thoughts on this model or am I going to have to go for the after market gear you suggest ?

Dave