PDA

View Full Version : Feral cat with a death wish !

d-o-k
01-05-2006, 09:30 AM
WE were sitting minding our own biz a while ago & as the house is open due to the heat of late our cat was able to come in through the front door ,through the house & out the Back door & about Mach 5 ! :-? I looked up to see what the hell was a matter & found a Large Feral Cat standing in the front hallway ! It saw me & took off the way it had entered! So on my listof things to do is sit out the front tonight & whistle it in with my fox whistle & then put it out of my misery :twisted:

Dave

Toney
01-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Did you get it? Some of them old wild cats are mean, we had a nice house cat shreaded by an old wild tomcat.

d-o-k
01-06-2006, 02:22 AM
Did you get it? Some of them old wild cats are mean, we had a nice house cat shreaded by an old wild tomcat.

Yep problem solved with a load of#2's out of the 12g:-D

Bullshop Junior
01-06-2006, 04:07 AM
Yep problem solved with a load of#2's out of the 12g:-D

BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!!![smilie=w:
Delbert/BS JR.

d-o-k
01-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Never knew what hit him ! He came running in to the whistle ! At about 20ft he realised that all was not well ! To late :twisted:

Dave

dale clawson
05-22-2006, 03:41 AM
My son had a feral cat that thought he owned the place he moved to. Actually made a run at him a time or two. He shouldn't have just brought claws to the gunfight! When I was trapping I occasionally caught them in a trap. Meanest beasts I caught. Bobcats would sull when I approached, the feral cats were hitting the chain trying to get to me as soon as they saw me. I caught a small bobcat in a snare under a bullwire fence once. Thought he was dead, sitting with his eyes closed, until I pulled on the snare. He almost got me!

d-o-k
05-24-2006, 02:38 AM
When I was a Kid trapping rabbits the one thing we all dreaded was pulling a trap out of a warren & finding the first thingwe saw after thetrap was a Tabby leg stuck init !!!!!! This was always garentied to let go of the chain followed by a debate on who was going to pull the cat out of the warren & who was going to try & hit the cat!

Dave

testhop
10-09-2007, 07:25 PM
hey guys i have always said the best place for a cat is in a garbage can
(i live in the city )

jlb300
04-20-2008, 06:16 PM
I gotta tell of my buddy who caught one once. He had his wifie take a picture while skinnin it,and then he had her go around to the other side of him and he held it in a different pose and she snapped another photo. Then he shows off the pictures and says" see there is more than one way to skin a cat"

dale clawson
05-03-2008, 03:43 AM
When I first saw this post today I thought Dave ( D-O-K) was back, I miss that guy. Also Toney, second post on this thread, haven't heard from him in a while. DALE

versifier
05-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Toney seems to have fallen off the edge of the planet. I hope he's OK, but I think he ought to have been back long ago. I noticed Willie has found a new moderator for us, but Al does not seem to be very active here as he is on CB.

Dave has a strange schedule and has to travel a lot. He has had long absences before, but it has been awhile since he posted. I sent him a PM last week, maybe he will get it, maybe he won't. Think positive.

firefly 1957
10-19-2010, 11:54 PM
I have had terrible problems with Feral cats they even think they own my property after missing one it came back and crapped on porch each night!!! Finally caught it out in daylight bullets are spent 22 rimfire case filled with #9 shot compressed and formed into 55gr. bullet loaded to 3200f/s (less in Mini-14) hit behind ribs did not exit but cat tried to get away second hit stopped it but it bit almost though a 3/8 inch lilac shrub!! Last week had one stalking Partridge in yard did not go for 223 went for 6mm Remington 75gr Hornady HP at 110 yds did not exit all 9 lives spent with one shot. That big female cat must of weighed 14 lbs. and was well fed. I wish people would not dump their cats out here in the country there are to many for the coyotes to eat.

firefly 1957
11-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Darn another feral cat in yard today I took a shot with my deer rifle 3006 180 Hornady SST just as I fired a strong wind gust moved me off target three hours later I got my deer at about the same range hit exactly were I wanted about 60 yds.

j1
03-26-2014, 07:45 PM
Once I had three cats. A big tom came cruising by. He really looked like Arnold Schwartzecat. Big shoulders. i yelled at him and he slowly gave me this snotty look. Man he would have just destroyed my three little pussycats. I looked at him and said goodbye cat. Got the 22 but he was gone. This happened two. More times before he went into a plastic bag (doubled) and into the garbage. I do not hate cats but do not want the vet bills for fixing mine. Only cat I ever took care of. No more cats and that is O K with me. I like dogs.