PDA

View Full Version : 2200 powder

Superposed
10-28-2010, 02:12 AM
are there any general shotgun loads for this powder I. E. Trap or Skeet?

runfiverun
10-29-2010, 04:06 PM
i am assuming aa-2200 powder.
the burn rate falls between aa-1680 [slightly slower than h-110] and reloader7 [right near lil-gun] i'd be more inclined to say it's closer to the rl-7 ,lil-gun speed.
a good powder no longer made.
i'd start with aa-1680 data and work from there it may work in the 410. but would be outstanding in the supermag cases,and possibly the smaller rifle rounds such as the 25-20 etc.
and could be used in the 223 family, and possibly the 375 win type cases.

fryboy
10-30-2010, 01:31 PM
accurate still list data for this powder on their site , i'm sure that newer data will be forthcoming as they recently re-introduced it and as fresh powder this time as opposed to surplus pulled powder but i am unaware of any shotgun loading data for it , it is much too slow for trap or skeet loads but it works great in metallic cartridges
http://www.accuratepowder.com/datapowder_DP2200.htm

" It was a very fast burning powder, originally designed for the 7.62mmx39 caliber. Unfortunately the load data is also very limited. Only a few calibers were tested at the time. "

plz note that the words fast were used in reference to other rifle powders ( which this is ) vs. the faster pistol and shotgun powders.......

runfiverun
10-30-2010, 05:00 PM
good to see you over here fryboy.
put your dog avatar up, so's i recognize the picture.

fryboy
11-13-2010, 01:22 PM
good to see you over here fryboy.
put your dog avatar up, so's i recognize the picture.

ummm how about a different one ? lolz i think that one is/was lost in the hard drive that shelled out [bummerthat]