PDA

View Full Version : Snake!!!

Toney
08-13-2010, 03:33 PM
After sitting my wife in the best spot on the river. I had just got set up when Connie got on the radio, All she could say was snake snake. She had a copperhead craw almost up to her knee while setting in her chair blind. After it seen her it reared back a little and Connie put her rifle inbetween her and the snake and flipped the blind and split. Says she's not going into the woods without snake boots

runfiverun
08-14-2010, 02:53 AM
sounds like it's time for a revolver and some snake loads..
and/or a shovel.

Toney
08-14-2010, 04:29 AM
I thought she should have shot it with her muzzle loader . She said it had crawed of into some tall grass and was hissing at her.
She did'nt hunt agian all season.

luvtn
09-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Doesn't it cold for deer season in Ok?
lt

Toney
09-18-2010, 01:38 PM
By the time rifle season gets here it will be cold mabie. Early bow season it's still really hot. and ML is just a couple of weeks from now.

Some summers we've swam and boated up to late october

bruce drake
10-22-2012, 03:16 AM
sounds like it's time for a revolver and some snake loads..
and/or a shovel.

Exactly. Normally, I'm a leave and let live type of person. If the snake leaves me alone, I leave them alone. If they get into my space, birdshot out of my pistol intrudes in their space...

Bruce

Paul B
10-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Well here in southern Arizona it can still hit 80 during deer season some of which is open right now. I've huted northern AZ a few times and while it gets a bit chilly at night I've killed deer when in was in the mid 70s. Snakes are stil out and about during the day time. A snubbie .38 Spl. takes up very little room in my pocket and the first two up are my handloads with #9 shot in those Speer shot capsules. I'm of a mind that if a snake leaves me be, I'll leave it be. We have several species of rattlesnake here but the only one that's really nasty and aggressive is the one called Mohave Green. very aggressive and has a venom different from other rattlesnakes. It's said to almost be a cocktail of rattler venom and a venom similr to that found in cobras.
The rangemaster's wife got bit on the toe bt a green and she not only came close to losing the toe but her life. It took 10 vials of the special antivenon used for bite from a green to save both and they're $10 K a vial. To add insult to injury, the Mohave Green is a considered an endangered species and you're not supposed to harm them in any way. AllI will say is if one gets nasty with me, it will definitely be endangered.
Paul B.